1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Scott Walker just suggested that gay people are pedophiles

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Jul 14, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In an ideal world this should be the death of his campaign right here. This being the real world though, it'll probably be forgotten about by the end of the week.

3. CyclingFan

Actually, I expect him to be Jeb's biggest competition for the nomination. He ticks off a lot of boxes for gop primary voters.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many politicians have moments like this that should force their retirement, yet here stands a frontrunner with the moral character of a thrice-divorced slug.

5. Void Puppy

I wonder how many years it will take for this sort of thing to be looked down upon by everyone, much like the way that politicians who spoke against the civil rights movement in the US are today.

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi

It just demonstrates the depth of mental illness present in many conservatives.

It is one thing to hold ridiculous positions privately but when you verbalize them to media it shows confidence in the acceptance of your insanity by others.

I see no balance or thought coming out of conservative candidates and no conservative refuting the deficincies.

Very sad.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey now, no need to insult mentally ill people like that. We are much better adjusted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#7 Browncoat, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes because a 16 year old can still be legally identified as a pedophile since they're not even considered adults in most places in the world and they have absolutely no desire to be with anyone that is not within 3-4 years of their age.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a Rick Perry-style gaffe. Hopefully that will kill any of his Vice Presidential chances.

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really wonder where that crazy idea came from in the first place.

11. CyclingFan

I think the opposite, really. This is just the kind of thing that a huge percentage of republican voters love to hear.

I think he's gunning for the top of the ticket and I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where he'd lose the nomination but be vp candidate.

12. souverian

This demonstrates such a fundamental lack of understanding of any concept of sexuality that I'm surprised he's not actually an amoeba.

gwahh that was a harsh thing to say, I might need to lay off reading this stuff, it's putting me in a mood

13. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The link in people's minds between homosexuality and pedophilia is an old one and one difficult to break. Even at a local summer camp where I volunteered, as a teenage boy, I could not lead a girls' group, but teenage girls could lead either a girls' or boys' group. This is just an extension of that.

14. Sevan

This is such an outdated concept! It makes me think of the warning videos I saw from the 50s warning children against homosexuals. These people don't know enough to distinguish the difference between the two, and it's frustrating to see in modern day, when we've made so many other social progressions that some people can remain entirely mentally stunted in such a manner to think all people who like the same gender actually like children.

HOWEVER. I will state that this article seems to imply the idea that Scott Walker is tying this in to pedophilia. It could also just be the values of Scouts, as in good ol' Christian values. As in, protecting the children from seeing homosexuals as accepted members of society and protecting them from the "homosexual lifestyle". It might be pretty bad anyway. But it's better than thinking that the man considers homosexual men pedophiles right off the bat.

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely. And appealing to that group is important if he wants to win the nomination.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he won the nomination.

16. A Person

The thing that scares me the most is that he's still a top 3 candidate, with a surprising amount of support from many groups, including some gay people I know who think he's not a homophobe....

I'm deeply worried we will have a Republican president in 2016, because the way our elections usually go we just give the party that wasn't in charge before a chance, and before we know it any progress made since 2008 is gone and/or stripped bare.

If you'll be eligible to vote in 2016 and/or the primaries PLEASE register and support Bernie Sanders for real change or we're going to have massive problems leading up to 2024..

17. Posthuman666

Why do conservatives have to be this way!!! Why can't they accept the fact that not everyone is a narrow minded bible thumping hypocrite?

But hey, they have religious freedom. And so do I. Do I go around trying to raise money for Odin or Cerridwen? No, because I have decency.

18. Psaurus918

Unfortunately the few conservative friends I have on Facebook seem to love Walker. Looks like I might be cleaning house when it comes to FB friends this election year

19. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yeah... You will be hearing "just because I support people who want to strip your civil liberties it is nothing personal"

20. CyclingFan

He's "dog whistling". It allows him to not come out and explicitly say something that many people would find abhorrent, but gets the message out.

Lee Atwater was a legendary republican politico. Highly intelligent, delivered quite a few wins for the gop. Here's one of his most famous quotes, which gives a sense of how this is done.

More here, including a link to the full audio of the interview. Exclusive: Lee Atwater