1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Part of Lawsuit On School Bathroom Discrimination Tossed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by thepandaboss, Jul 28, 2015.

1. thepandaboss

Part of lawsuit on school transgender bathroom policy tossed – LGBTQ Nation

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A preliminary injunction is always worth a try. If you don't ask for one, then it kind of goes against your argument that the discrimination represents a constitutional injury, since otherwise it's not urgent enough or pressing enough to you to request the injunction. It was a long shot for litigation purposes, but it's part of the game...

3. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I quickly skimmed the article and in the comments there's a guy complaining saying how he wouldn't want "someone with a vagina in the boys room" and that this boy's gender identity should not come before the "rights" of the other boys who use the bathroom.

Don't bathrooms have stalls? Why do people obsess over other people's genitalia like that, it's extremely invasive and creepy. And how is this boy infringing on the rights of the other boys?

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean, if we don't keep the trans men out of the men's restroom, how are we going to prevent all that rampant sexual assault???

RAMPANT I SAY

5. thepandaboss

How would you know anyway? I don't know if the guy next to me at the urinal (which I happily use with an STP) is circumsized or micro-equipped or whatever. How would you even know what kind of junk someone has unless you're glory holling or being a general weirdo? And there's enough cis men who have somehow lost their penises that the whole "must have penis before you can enter" argument is kind of weird.

Plus, wouldn't it be weirder for a trans guy, especially after he's post hormones, to use a women's restroom? I'd hope so.

6. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Look up Michael Hughes. I think the fact that they don't want to use the girls bathroom makes it even more weird and uncomfortable.