1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. george678

The pope this morning is a stupid idiot I am sorry because the way he was talking about us gay,lesbian,bisexual and trans gender people was not acceptable Click Here for why I am angry.
    :***:

2. summersforecast

You know I learned something just a short while ago. It's stupid to complain about these things because(and this might be a poor excuse) the Pope and most people for that matter litterally don't know better. Let me ask you this, before you knew that you were gay did you have any prejudice of gays? I not proud to say that I did, but some people have a hard time understanding something without living through it. Once I realized I was gay I started feeling the prejudice and hate from everyone and I made sure that I would never make anyone feel the same way. now does it make sense that the pope couldn't possibly understand this when he hasn't lived through it? Be happy that you know more than people who say things against gay/bi/lesbian/trans people because you truely have a better understanding of the world then them.

3. george678

I can honestly say I have never had a problem with gays.
    I mean you get gay animals so he needs to get to grip.

4. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I've never had a problem with Gays, or anyone for that matter. I do have a problem with religion, and the extremists that come with it.

5. george678

Well same I have come to learn that everybody is who they are!

6. Ty

Ty

Bitching about it doesn't solve anything. Write a heartfelt letter of complaint to the holy father?

7. george678

hhaaa^ I think he needs to get some research before he opens his silly mouth.
    Thats the pope.

8. Ty

Ty

He's done all the research he needs to do to be fluent on the subject in the Catholic perspective. The most one could do would be to pursuade him not to say anything negative about the subject, as I doubt he (and future popes) will change their mind on the subject.

9. EM68

I heard what the Pope said last night, when I was at a PFLAG meeting. Everyone including me was so disgusted. Last month I went to a funeral which was at a Catholic church. It was awkward. I really do not want to step foot into a one again for a long while. Unfortunatly on Christmas Eve I will probably going to mass with my parents. I am not out to them yet so I do not want to have to explain to them. :frowning2:

10. george678

Well I do get annoyed with him.

11. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Being 40, can't you choose to do what you want?

12. ElizabethAnne

I definitely agree with Trying! It is a poor excuse, but yes, he's surrounded by people who say it's wrong. I don't think he'd every try to question that. I know I was raised to hate and distrust THE GAYS. I didn't know any gay people. If I hadn't fallen in love with my friend and people pointed it out to me and said, "well maybe you're gay", I would have never considered, AND would never have challenged my internal homophobia. And it's taken a lot of work. I know a lot of good people who are just really homophobic because of how they have been brought up. It's not right; it's not good; it's something we have to fight against though because a lot of people have been raised that way.

13. starfish

Yes you make a good point. My internal homophobia was quite strong and I have said somethings in the past that I am not proud of. I'm ashamed of it though, as we are all young and stupid at some point.

As for the Pope's comments I'll reserve my opinion until I have read them in context.

14. starfish

Oops had a slight typo in there. It should read. "I'm not ashamed of it though, as we are all young and stupid at some point."

I was not able to find the Pope address in whole but I did find some excerpts and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. What he said is pretty in line with previous church teachings. To me he was just preaching to the choir.

15. george678

I think he should make an apology.

16. hoping

I and all my family are catholic and the pope is just an idiot, hes supposed to represent god and all that and all he does is represent an extremist view.
    But then someone who claims that secularism is wrong well hes just a dumbarse.
    While i am catholic i honestly think the position of pope should be abloished, hes corrupt anyway, just look at how rich the vatican is and yet that money never goes to people who need it.
    The way the pope puts out his version of catholisism is offensive he makes every other catholic look like a hating bastard.
    The fact is hes an arsehole.
    The way i look at it is im catholic but the pope doesnt represent anything i believe in, he doesnt matter to me anyway

17. Mick

Mick Guest

Garbage, simply garbage. I don't believe in the pope at all and what he said is just crap.

18. STK

STK Guest

I'm not angry, but I will say as a little joke, HANG THAT OLD FAT FUCK.

19. GuitarGirl1350

Well, he is the pope.
    He's a catholic in his 80's.

What did you expect, a dissertation on how our freedoms are stomped on?

20. STK

STK Guest

Good point. But he's so hypocritical. The Catholic church says that bashing gays is immature yet there he goes.