1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russian artist juxtaposes people' cute selfies with their hate speech

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by candyjiru, Jul 31, 2015.

1. candyjiru

I love this art collage and I wish I knew Russian so I could go through her whole portfolio~ After the SCOTUS ruling I was upset about how so many kind faces were next to horrible bits of hate speech and homophobia... well this artist took the hateful messages people sent her and put them on their cute selfies... truly distressing to look at and a good show that outward appearances can oft be deceiving. T.T

Russian Artist Posts People's Cute Selfies Alongside Their Horrible Homophobic Threats

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for sharing this, it's undoubtedly unsettling to see how little you can really tell about a person's character from seeing their picture. It also shows how dangerous state sanctioned homophobia is. The people commenting truly believe that they are doing something that is morally correct/good and that is what is so sickening about it. How easily people fall into the trap of holding views that are the epitome of evil while holding the belief that what they are doing is right and good. The people writing these posts are not trolls, they are people who truly believe that the person that they are writing to is doing something so unbelievably evil that it justifies throwing around the worst sort of insults and threats. They see LGBT in a similar way to how we see pedophilia or rape... :icon_sad:

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Oh don't worry bitch., I'd strangle you with my sexy lesbian woman loving hands and then spit on your grave. People like this disgust me!

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so awesome she has the courage to do this in such a dictatorship of a country! But those comments were just so awful... I didn't know people really said things like that.

5. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The sad thing is that these look like nice people, and they have such ugly opinions... can't judge a book by it's cover I guess.

6. Posthuman666

I just find it hilarious that these people think they're the good guys. When in reality they are making people kill themselves. Its disgusting.

7. MetalRice

It's sickening that people could say things like this.

8. Aldrick

I love this idea. We should totally start doing this, and create an entire website devoted to shaming these people. Whenever we catch them uttering their bigoted crap, we should take what they say, their pictures, and their personal information and make it public. Have it in like a searchable database, somewhat like the sex offender registry.

Let's see how these bigots like it when their anonymity is stripped from them.

9. candyjiru

She made hers totally public and has *tons* of pics (sadly T.T) Unfortunately it's all in her native tongue, but I'm sure you could go to any conservative fb page and make your own gallery (again, sadly T.T)

her gallery:
    https://vk.com/album6184701_214830577

10. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love this too. Make people own up to what they say.