1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay Man Says NYPD Shouted Anti-gay Slurs, Beat Him, and Threatened to Kill His Dog

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Aldrick

Read the story here.

The video is at the link. Unfortunately, you can't hear what's being said, because the neighbor who recorded the video was inside his house across the street. Although you can hear Louis screaming in pain.

2. Ashley2103

Re: Gay Man Says NYPD Shouted Anti-gay Slurs, Beat Him, and Threatened to Kill His Do

The cops will get let off and nothing will be learned. *sigh*

3. celeste

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Gay Man Says NYPD Shouted Anti-gay Slurs, Beat Him, and Threatened to Kill His Do

What the hell! This is disgusting.

But as usual, the cops will get away with their heinous hate crimes.

I honestly feel like if you're not straight white and male, then you have a chance of just having to be discriminated for who you are.

Those cops better get what they deserve.

4. Ryu

Ryu

I doubt this. This is because, unlike other cases, the defendant in case has strong hard evidence that it was cops, and that it happened, as well as at least about 5 witnesses, including any adjacent houses. Even if they get away with hate crimes as they don't have audio evidence, there is clearly video to prove that they assaulted this guy.

5. CyclingFan

Eric Garner

6. Cider

^^^

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Tennessee Vs Garner only applies to fleeing felons. The only time deadly force can be used on a fleeing felon is if all other means have been used and the felon getting away would put others in danger. Trust me, my academy has pounded that into our heads already.

These officers may not get fired for this but they will receive some form of suspension or write up. Those are always nice, they'll get assigned to a desk and get all the shit shifts and calls when back on the road. Agencies don't take these things well

8. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

People think just because they work for the law, that they're above it.
    You can tell what kind of person someone is by how they act with a bit of power.

Now, I'm probably going to throw up. I hope he find out what it's like on the other side of the bars.

9. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

The cops are really out of control these days...:bang:

10. Gen

Gen

John Crawford, Rekia Boyd, etc. You don't even have to go back a year to enter the double digits.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2015 at 05:04 PM ----------

Was this a response to the post above you? Because that case was about Edward Garner in 1974. They are referencing Eric Garner from 2014.

11. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yes I apologize. I mixed up the names in my head.You're correct about Eric. The rule they teach us is that you can only go one step of force above what the suspect give you. In that case it was clearly excessive force.

It is sad how much I have seen of this stuff just in my short time at my academy. There are over 750,000 sworn officers in the country and the small percentage of officers who are idiots brand everyone else as bad, it's the reality I am stepping into. Everyone films everything now and only the bad things are worth showing because it sells.

I remember a year ago when I was doing my internship in college and on one of my ride alongs we pulled over a vehicle and they filmed the entire thing waiting for a screw up. Then of course at the end when they needed their battery jumped they didn't feel the need to film that. There is always more to the story that what the media will show

12. Gen

Gen

Mlpguy88:

No problem. Even I edited out my first response to your post because I got confused off of the confusion. It is also interesting that their names are so similar.

The people who abuse their power are definitely the minority, but we also have to think about how our current legal system bestows authority in this country. It is clear that we need authority figures in society, but it is also clear that we need to be far more strict and responsible with the way that we allot that authority. We cannot call the child with the machine gun the one that gives humanity a bad name. We have to consider who is was that put that machine gun in their hands and left them to wreak havoc.

Individuals are not guilty for these occurrence, but the institutions that they work for as a whole will be considered guilty for as long as they object to legislation and reform.

13. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I like how you think Gen. And believe me, everyone that I have been interacting with in this process would agree. We are being given authorities and we need to use them properly. I am putting in a lot of hard work and the last thing I want is to mess up. We need to find a level of understanding from everyone in society. Easier said than done

14. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

They think they can get away with things like this, and they make a bad name for all law enforcers. I honestly hope they get kicked off or put on desk duty, and more importantly, people will hopefully learn a lesson. And threatening to kill someone's dog? Noise complaint or not, that's just sickening and uncalled for. For dog lovers, dogs are like children or siblings to us. That's like threatening to kill a person's family member under the excuse that they "talk too loud", which is unacceptable.

In general, the few people who put a bad rap on otherwise good groups of people make me cringe. It's like assuming all soldiers are bad because of a few idiots who abuse their status. Too bad the ones like that have made a lot of us go to such assumptions. I'm kind of a hypocrite here... I'm a bit cautious of government officials and police for fear of things like this (a very minor example, but a town near ours has police that purposely wait to ticket people right at the speed limit changes), even though the ones in my area are mostly decent people doing their job. I don't even like saying 'for fear of things like this', because we shouldn't have to worry about these kinds of incidents. They need more people like Mlpguy88 in the police force!

Whew, overly long post/rant? is done.

#14 ErickWolf, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015