1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay Texas Man Dies In Custody After Jail Fails To Administer Medication

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Aldrick

Here is a link to the full story.

I hope they sue and fucking bankrupt the state.

2. Cedar

A lawsuit is the least they deserve. Don't care what his sexual orientation was, you don't deprive someone of their medication like that. You never know what side effects they may suffer because of sudden withdrawals like that. They could have easily looked up his medical record and seen that his prescription was legally done by a licensed doctor, it isn't that difficult to do. They should stop using flimsy excuses to cover up their own crime.

3. Ryu

Ryu

^
    This is all probably standard procedure, so they know whether it is licensed or not. And they also said something about having giving him what he was prescribed by an 'internal doctor', who would of looked over medical records as well. I'm not trying to defend them, but they were probably just following standard procedure, and this guy could of potentially been taking all sorts of stuff elsewhere off the books.

I don't really see anybody in the right, or the wrong here. Stuff happens. Deal with it.

4. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Seizures are a known side effect of abrupt withdrawal from Xanax and other drugs of that family. If this jail has a doctor or nurse he or she should have known that and should definitely be sued.
    Recent cases have really brought to light that we need to examine what happens when people are arrested and jailed, not just in terms of their constitutional rights, but their human rights as well.

5. celeste

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They really need to sue those people. At first I thought that he was killed because he was gay, and I entered this thread fuming. At least we know it wasn't a hate crime.

Nevertheless, I hope justice is served.