1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Plan Backfires On CEO Who Paid All His Staff $70k

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Foz, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Foz

Foz Guest

2. Simple Thoughts

Moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished.

We wonder why everything is such crap, but as soon as someone does a good thing for other people, the world conspires to kick them back down to their place as another stray dog.

My prediction, this guy loses everything and winds up out on the street and homeless for daring to be a decent human being.

3. Foz

Foz Guest

It wasn't "being a good person", it was a highly political move to try and show all employees are worth the same - which is total idiocy. It was a piss poor business decision which has cost him dearly, telling highly qualified people they are worth the same as the high school drop out at the front desk doesn't send out good signals.

4. Aldrick

Yes, this is complete shit. I can't believe people honestly got pissed that he cut his own salary to give others in the company a raise to a living wage. The horrible part is not that his idea was bad, but that the people outside and within the company conspired to fuck him and the endeavor over.

Like you, I predict that he'll eventually lose everything, because apparently that's what he gets for trying to make the lives of his employees better off.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

If anything, this proves that there has to be a mandatory living wage for all workers. If a single company can't make this change without people getting pissy, "OMG! Someone who works the front desk makes as much as I do! That's not fair! I am better than them! I am going to quit so that I can work for a company that pays me roughly the same amount but pays its other employees less than me!" ...yeah, if that's how people respond to this, it just proves that a living wage needs to be made mandatory by the government.

5. Simple Thoughts

I can't believe people sometimes.

Yeah raising pay to 50k a year is just creating a livable wage. You cannot live on less than that unless you plan on being a bachelor without a family for the rest of your life, and even then you'd be scraping the barrel. I live in a rural area and even here you can't do it. It's just not feasable.

Also, how cruel are people?

I mean their wages weren't even touched, and they weren't being paid unfairly at all. They were being paid the same as they would anywhere else, but because other employee's were actually being given a decent wage that was enough for them to rage quit their job? Seriously?

That's just low and friggin selfish. There is no excuse for that behavior. It's like the two year old who just wants to take the other kids ball just to take it. He doesn't even want it, he just wants the other kid not to have it. Pathetic.

Double also...

No matter what happened in my life I would never EVER sue my own brother. That's just sad. That's someone who's cash flow runs thicker than blood and water because they are a greedy peice of crap!