1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Toledo, Ohio transphobic radio billboards

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Aug 4, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. DoriaN

Sad, mockery is not a Christian value.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Thank you for sharing mister Brad The Cat .

3. Posthuman666

Instantly signed the petition.

This is hella not cool. A blatant display of holier-than-thou Christianity, as DoriaN said by quoting biblical lines against this guy. Its awesome to know we have Christians who really follow the message of love and acceptance.

Why this jerk would do this is beyond me... not really. He wants to get some fame, like Caitlyn did by being a trans icon, but he wants to be a hate group icon. Putting up a billboard like this is the very definition of discrimination. If this were the 1800's, this guy would probably have dozens of slaves.

What this sorry excuse of a christian is trying to do is be edgy. Wants to fit in with the cool kids by being a transphobic asshole. Not cool.

4. RainDreamer

I think I rather sign a petition to take the whole station down.

5. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As soon as I saw the words "shock jock" I knew this would be a special kind of idiocy.

6. 741852963

Now I think the billboard is at first glance definitely offensive (mind you shock jocks are all offensive so it kind of comes with the territory).

I'm not I'd consider it outrageous though. It seems more someone wanting to exploit the mass media attention another person has (another example would be the host dressing up as say, in Madonna's iconic conical bra). BUT I do appreciate as a born-again Christian there is likely an ulterior motive lurking.

He is clearly playing a very fine line though. He is dressing in drag to mimic a woman. Now you technically could kind of argue (following the reasoning of the Drag Queens/Pride thread) that as drag and transgenderism are mutually exclusive, one should not be offensive to the other?

Its difficult, in this I think the joke is more the host (a man) in drag (rather than a dig at Caitlyn Jenner) - and the act of laughing at a man dressed as a woman essentially is where the humor of drag is derived. As such it does seem pretty hypocritical of us as LGBT community to applaud drag on one hand, then label any straight person that uses the medium as a social pariah.

Do you see what I mean? I'm just struggling to reconcile the two arguments (that drag is in no way offensive to transpeople...yet kind of is given this response).

#6 741852963, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Signed. No regrets.

This is a hate crime waiting to happen.

8. RainDreamer

Nah, it is directly a jab at Caitlyn Jenner. Here is a line on the billboard: "and don't call me Caitlyn".

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The good news is that the ad has now been removed (according to this article). It seems that they finally got tired of the controversy.