1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News LGBT commune comes out of the woods

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Aug 6, 2015.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. RainDreamer

wow. that sure would spook some conservative conspiracy theorists.

3. 741852963

Interesting but god is that authors tone condescending.

Yes of course things are better overall now, but its all a matter of degrees and depends largely on where you are located.

Gay people are still refused apartments and hotels for example. And still to this day we have "commune" cities and neighbourhoods which really shows not all is perfectly rosy.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    This was interesting. Didn't read all of it, but ~ A homo communist settlement on US soil?! The cons had it right all along. I'll be. ~

5. Aldrick

Ha. I've actually read (and own) Sandor Katz's book called Wild Fermentation. He talks a bit about the Commune in the book, so I was aware of it's existence. I've wanted to visit it ever since.

I'm disappointed the NYT revealed so much information about the Commune. From my understanding, they don't really like this type of attention.

#5 Aldrick, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Interesting article, I thought they were making the Neal guy out to be some kind of ne'er-do-well regarding the Commune, like, even with this kind of exposure the Commune is at risk and he's just doing what he can to develop the area, further putting the Commune at risk? The tone of the article was weird, as 741852963 mentions.