1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Homophobe Gets More Than He Bargained For..

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AKTodd, Aug 6, 2015.

1. AKTodd

Kind of surprised this hasn't appeared here already. Or maybe I missed it. Anyway, here's a

LINK

Todd

2. Aldrick

My only regret is that they allowed him to walk away instead of letting him be carried away in a bag.

3. SpiritEnergy

Stop the violence...

4. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You.... I like you :3

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well yes, this outcome is satisfactory, but I would have taken his eyes

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why you never get in fights. You never know who you are messing with.

7. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :***:
    Yeesh, that sounds a bit excessive. But also kind of fair.

#7 sunshinebi, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  8. Aldrick

The problem with him walking away, and at the very least not holding him until the police arrived, is that he is likely to attack others. He's just gotten his ass beaten by two gay men. He's going to have to explain why he's got those bruises and why he looks so bloodied. He's now humiliated.

Just because he got his ass handed to him the first time, does not mean that he isn't afraid to try it again. Except next time he's going to be more prepared. He'll be more careful who he selects as his target, and they may be less able to defend themselves. Further, he may arrive with a weapon next time.

The simple truth is that it's better to put a violent bigot in the ground, rather than leave open the possibility that he could attack one of us again. Look what happened at Pride in Israel recently, as an example as to why I am right.

To quote Malcolm X: "Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

9. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the contrary, I think the sheer humiliation will deter him from ever pulling that crap again. However, that only applies to this situation. Israel Pride is a set of entirely different circumstances. In that instance there wasn't really any fighting back. Therefore the perpetraitor won't be fearful of trying again. I mean for f:***:ck sake he had already gone to prison for the same damn thing!

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To everyone saying "white gay men are privileged", why are they then still experiencing discrimination and violence just like the rest of the LGBT+ community?! They deserve to be acknowledged, respected and accepted.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2015 at 02:03 PM ----------

Violence against white gay men doesn't exist according to some L and T people.

11. Aldrick

I disagree. He now has a bruised ego and has something to prove. He also has a reason to be vengeful.

This is someone who became violent without provocation. If he did it once, there is no reason to believe that he won't do it again, especially with the additional motivation that he likely now has as a result of this incident.

At the very least they should have held him until the police arrived. Letting him go was a mistake.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you wandered into the wrong thread, or that you are writing incoherently.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, it's easy to forget there are people who want to kill us. This guy should have been killed or at least restrained until police arrived. But I don't think it's up to those men defending themselves to have to make that call. They have no duty but to themselves; their number one priority should be keeping themselves safe.

However, from a community standpoint, the attacker shouldn't be alive right now, and it's extremely regrettable that he is.

Sexism will never end until it is made unsafe.

~ Adrienne

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    He got what was coming, without a doubt.

14. jonjon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Heh heh. I like a story with some justice in it.

15. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay. I hate guys like that. He should be in jail. Hate crimes are illegal in the U.S.A..

16. FootballFan101

Jeez he doesn't even deserve the luxury of being carried away he should of been left on the sidewalk barely able too move maybe unconscious with some broken bones so he couldnt escape so the police could shove him into the smallest dirtiest cell and have hade forced labour with his bones still broke

17. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, this is not true everywhere. If you are attacked or assaulted because you belong to a protected class in South Carolina, Arkansas, Wyoming, Indiana and Georgia, you don't have any hate crime laws to turn to unless it is a federal crime. Further, some states do not protect people based on sexual orientation in their hate crime laws. I attended a seminar with an Anti-Defamation league lawyer this past spring and learned these fun facts.

#17 SimpleMan, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  18. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish most people would just mind their own business. I'll never understand people like him. I can understand if you're angry at people for foolish reasons, but really what good was this guy thinking he was doing? Bc all I see is one bigot guy who fell flat on his face haha:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Gen

Gen

If two parties mutually escalate to violence, then there is certainly such a thing as excessive force.

If someone chooses to attack individuals that were neither violent or aggressive, then there is no form of retaliation that is excessive.

Everyone is not a six-foot, bodybuilder who can grab your arms and hold you down. Everyone is not strong enough to assume that the first punch that they throw is not going knock an aggressive out. Sometimes they haven't practiced self-defense. Sometimes they know that they are not equipped to throw punches so they will instinctively reach for the nearest knife. Life is not a boxing match. You did not get to charge people and claim that them nearly taking your life or succeeding was taking things a step too far no matter who you happen to be.