1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News MI tea party reps caught in plot to hide affair using gay sex & taxpayer $

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Aug 7, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to make these things up, but here it is:

Michigan tea party reps caught in bizarre plot to hide affair using gay sex and taxpayer dollars

Excerpts:

Michigan State Rep. Todd Courser and Rep. Cindy Gamrat, both tea party darlings and "traditional marriage" champions, have been exposed for having an affair. Their efforts to conceal their cheating ways from their spouses and the general public took a turn that can only be described as bizarre:

State Rep. Todd Courser planned the distribution of a fictional email alleging he had sex with a male prostitute in a bid to conceal his relationship with Rep. Cindy Gamrat, according to audio recordings obtained by The Detroit News.
    Courser, a Lapeer Republican, said on one recording the email was designed to create “a complete smear campaign” of exaggerated, false claims about him and Gamrat so a public revelation about the legislators’ relationship would seem “mild by comparison.”

And all of it was done on the public's dime:

Interviews with former House employees and the recordings show freshman lawmakers Courser and Gamrat, R-Plainwell, used their taxpayer-funded offices to maintain and cover up their relationship. Courser, 43, and Gamrat, 42, rose from the ranks of tea party activism, battled establishment Republicans to win seats in the House last year and formed their own legislative coalition.

~~~~

One never stops hearing about the various scandals of these ra-ra traditional marraige, anti-LGBT sorts; after a point, I wonder what Republican hasn't had an affair, or at least a string of divoraces?

2. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Reminds me of something I read a few months ago which I can't find anymore. The people who hounded then President Bill Clinton to resign/impeachment were all just as guilty of the same thing: prominent Republicans leading the charge all had shady pasts but apparently didn't feel it hypocritical until they got caught.

(A few months ago because of the news that Dennis Hastert was paying money to hush up some long ago incident involving a male student.)

#2 wisefolly, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And curiously enough, he also knew about Mark Foley (well ahead of when it all hit the news, of The White House Page Boy Scandal fame), causing Hastert to resign as speaker of the House. Very odd coincidence, given Hasterst's recent revelations.

We should make a Republican for 'traditional marriage' but who get caught in sex-scandals thread!

#3 HuskyPup, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

#5 HuskyPup, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  6. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I'm guessing it's the same chat I read (though it seems he did this more than once), I was just surprised by.... everything.

And that picture. Ohhh, that picture. :lol: