1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Man banned from food bank over gay marriage support

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Aldrick

The article is here.

...and people sometimes have the nerve to question me as to why I am opposed to tax payer money being given to religious charities. This is why.

2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Damnit, let's face it: food banks are ruined.

3. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Goes to show you what their concept of charity is if you MUST sit through their religious services in order to receive help, or if they feel they can pick and choose who receives help.

Their website doesn't say anything about being a religious organization or that religious strictures limit who they can give food to. Pretty much says "If you need food we'll give it to you." Looks great on paper but...

You're either a food bank who gives food to those in need or you're a church that provides food only to the hungry people they think worthy of that food. I think the almighty would prefer the non-jackass option.

#3 wisefolly, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  4. guitar

Religion poisons everything.

5. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They were denying him food because he did not meet a "lifestyle requirement?" That's very un-Christian of them. I'm non-practicing anymore, thanks largely to this kind of stuff, but in my practicing Christian days I've read the Bible cover to cover and my understanding of Jesus from the Bible was that he would not have declined to feed people in need. EVER. In fact he warns people that at the final judgement people like this would find themselves in hell for "not giving him anything to eat" in the guise of a person in need. It's in Matthew 25:42. Oh the irony of people who ought to be concerned for their eternal souls, not the souls they're so bent on "saving." My emotions over this kind of thing get so intense that it's why I'm on a break from any kind of organized Christianity right now. I need to sort out what I believe since coming out.