1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Anti-gay Republican Starts Gay Rumor to Cover Up Sex Scandal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 12, 2015.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may remember this story I posted back in June: Michigan Republican Seeks to Require All Marriages to be Performed By Clergy

That same Republican, Todd Courser, was recently exposed for trying to start a rumor that he had patronized gay male prostitutes as a bizarre attempt to cover up the fact that he was boning one of his colleagues in the Michigan House of Representatives, a woman named Cindy Gamrat, a Republican from Plainwell, Michigan.

Mr. Courser, a deeply religious man who loves to talk all about "family values" and how homophobic he is while on the campaign trail, has found himself in some deep shit as of late, and despite his own party calling for him to resign, he says he's been praying and will take no action until he receives divine instruction. Courser has openly stated that he's considering running for Congress next November, though this scandal will probably put those plans on hold.

Lawmakers gone wild: Courser, Gamrat latest subjects of political scandal

Mike Thompson, the official cartoonist of the Detroit Free Press, did one of the best political cartoons I've ever read for this story.

[​IMG]

#1 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That comic says it all... :lol:

I could honestly not care less about a sex scandal between two politicians, but the entire family values aspect to this makes it appropriate to talk about. They're both out talking about how gays are ruining the country, but then they're boning each other behind closed doors? Hypocrisy at its finest.

3. 741852963

I saw that the other day and had to read it several times to make sense of it.

Why would he not just reveal the affair? Yes it may jeopardise his position, but as a Republican a gay rumor is enough to make him positively unelectable to their core demographic anyway, so its broad as it is long - both would leave him out of office potentially. Plus given most Republican politicians seem to have affairs, the former would surely leave him with more conservative "dignity" and respect amongst his peers and followers?

UNLESS its all one massive double bluff and he actually was having sex with male prostitutes, but then was using a decoy of an affair to make the gay sex seem like just a rumour. In which case that is quite clever. *Disclaimer*BUT OF COURSE THIS IS MERE THEORISING AND NOT AN ATTEMPT AT LIBEL*\End Disclaimer*

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently he was going to use the gay sex scandal as a way to get his base to not believe the actual sex scandal when it came out. He thought after the first scandal was disproven, they wouldn't believe the actual scandal.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For some reason I read this story, and this song comes to mind. It's probably just my sense of humor coming out to play. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[youtube]KUmZp8pR1uc[/youtube]

6. 741852963

And now he probably has 50% of people thinking he's had a gay sex scandal (either from only hearing half the story or assuming double bluffing) and 50% of people thinking he's had an affair.

Well that backfired completely! :lol:

To be honest if you come up with a plan that stupid for your own life you should not be in any position with responsibility to make decision on behalf of others.

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Funny part is he'll probably do some "God has forgiven me" sob story come election time and get re-elected with an increased majority.