1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Psychotherapist warns Fox: Kids won’t know ‘what their gender is’ because of GN toys

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Aug 12, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

More here

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Re: Psychotherapist warns Fox: Kids won’t know ‘what their gender is’ because of GN t

good

3. MetalRice

Re: Psychotherapist warns Fox: Kids won’t know ‘what their gender is’ because of GN t

This guy is an idiot.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

See? This is why we can't have nice things.
    Kids are going to do whatever the hell they want anyways.
    [​IMG]

5. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Good on Target!

6. thepandaboss

Oh come the fuck on. I had the glory of gender labeled toys and I still didn't know what my fucking gender was.

7. Im Hazel

I had mostly gender-neutral toys which were marketed as male toys. So his argument is looking pretty rubbish right now. :wink:

8. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I applaud Target on this. Though I always shop at WalMart, every time I buy a gift for my daughter I purposely avoid the pink isle until I run out of other ideas. I've always questioned why that isle should be the first place people look because they have a girl. My daughter likes the Ninja Turtles so I would rather buy her that instead of another Barbie to clutter the bottom of the toy box.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Kids watch Fox News? Wait, what?

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I see. That would explain why I have never quite gotten rid of the notion that I might truly be Julius Caesar, after that one toga party when I was 10.

This psychotherapist is clearly at the pinnacle of the profession.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You know, you kind of have to feel sorry for these people who believe in such traditional, rigid gender roles, so much to where they make their decision on buying toys for their children on whether or not they were in the "boy's toys" or "girl's toys" sections. Just think about how much mental anguish they must be going through, thinking that now they must buy boy's Barbie dolls and girls G.I Joe's just to cave into the "political correctness" of gender neutrality. Just think about the type of brainwaves they must be on to think that way. You almost feel sorry for them, and definitely for their children who have to live with their rigid gender roles.

12. RainDreamer

Does this sound like a closet case for you?

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm seriously debating sending a Ken doll, in a frilly dress, to Fox News headquarters.

It would blow their fucking minds.

14. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Barbie dolls just scream girl - extra sweet version to me. Frankly, the pink and frilly section makes me feel a tad uncomfortable.

So no children of mine are going to get dolls. I actually like water guns, legos, remote controlled cars,...More incentive for daddy to play with the kids :lol: Having a playmate is better than any toy. Period.

No musical instrument toys, either. That noise would drive me insane!

I thought Fox News was a comedy show XD

#14 Kinky, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  15. RainDreamer

I just read the bio and the history of that therapist guy...turns out he is a lot of quack. Not surprised though, people appearing on Fox are often like that.

16. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Okay, a Ken doll in a dress is a must :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Foz

Foz Guest

I just don't see what the big deal is, boys will still want Action Man and girls will still want Barbie. Taking down the boys and girls signs won't change what they want.

18. Aldrick

[Said in a whining, half-crying voice, with snot running out of the nose from all the confused tears.] "My daughter wanted a Barbie for her birthday, but because it didn't say girl on the package, I didn't know if I could buy it for her. Why did Target have to make my life so hard?! Without labels I am so fucked, can't they at least go back to color coding?! Oh God! Save me from all the confusion!"

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

[​IMG]

20. Spacesword

Seriously my parents(mostly my dad) let me buy whatever I wanted to as long as it wouldn't end up tossed to the side after five days.

I had stuffed animals , toy swords, trucks, Barbie's, g.i joe and a crap load of digimon/pokemon action figures. I was probably the only girl at my school that brought a pink game boy sp(I wanted the black one because light colors showed dirt) to school just to battle with the boys. I didn't question my gender as a kid because kids play with whatever they perceive as fun, not what is wrapped in blue or pink.