1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Missing transgender woman found dead in 'crude grave' in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Aug 16, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

Missing transgender woman found dead in 'crude grave' in North Carolina | US news | The Guardian
    Not in a mood to make a comment...

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    O gosh... Not another one! We should really make a move. We should make a move to end, or at least control, hate, be it racism, homo/tansphobia, and other forms of hate. I dont want my future kid/s to grow up in this kind of world, full of hate. We need to make a move.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    There is little political will, golgari... and little political space to move about in.

Besides, I don't know exactly what is to be done... one could give all transgender people the right to bear firearms in public. But I doubt that would be a good idea... One could set an example of tg murders by sentencing murderers of tg people to 25 to life... Those are some short-term measures that might scare people off from killing people because of their gender identity...
    But this is a systematic problem and e.g. education is necessary. Transgenderism must be a chapter, an open chapter filled with compassion, in the education of small children, in children's books, on TV... but that would take time.
    And is there a political will for any of these things? A sufficient will? Hardly...

I really do not feel like my safety as a minority is being prioritized by my government, nor that the safety of my brothers and sisters in the tg community globally is being prioritized.

If someone were to attack me, I could kill... to make sure the next would-be target of the attacker doesn't have to deal with it... If one tries to severely damage or kill someone based on what they feel inside, out of such bigotry... then one has lost one's right to live...

I usually stay away from this stuff, because it makes me livid...

#3 Invidia, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't believe in capital punishment, but I hope they go to jail for a very long time for this. I think a "Mary's magic finger" (Roald Dahl book) esque punishment is due here (two very different topics I know, I'm not vegetarian/ vegan btw) where he has to meet the family/friends of the victim and have a lesson on the topic of what it means to be transgender. In an ideal world anyway. :dry:

#4 Canterpiece, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Make that "the magic finger" not Mary's magic finger. :icon_redf

6. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is absolutely horrid, and I'm sadly not surprised by what happened. Something needs to be changed.

7. RainDreamer

There is a word for that kind of justice system : Restorative justice. It focus on mending what has been destroyed by the crime, instead of punishing the criminal.

I believe some native american tribes used to have such a system, where if one person murder another, the murderer is forced to live as the one that has been killed to replace their role in the victim's family and the tribe. (something I remember off my head and no source, though).

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone fling my body into the sun, because I don't want to be on this planet anymore.