1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Less than 1/2 young Brits identify as 100% hetrosexual (YouGov)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by qboy, Aug 16, 2015.

1. qboy

2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That can't be right

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The results are interesting, and can be interpreted in two ways.

1 - younger people are simply more open about their sexuality and less likely to hide it, and are also more open about sexual encounters with the opposite sex, or 2 - not being 100% heterosexual is seen as 'trendy' or 'cool' to certain people.

It's cool that only 72% of the population identify as 100% heterosexual though. I bet if you asked that same question even 10 years ago, the number would have been much higher.

#3 imnotreallysure, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. Aldrick

:lol:

I think I just heard the heads of the religious right explode. Honestly, I would not make much of these numbers. I am not sure how scientifically accurate this polling data is, and besides it was always inevitable that as being gay became less stigmatized that heterosexual rigidity would start to weaken. I mean, it doesn't really count if you're 98% straight and 2% gay, and have zero interest in having a romantic and sexual relationship with someone of the same gender.

Of course, I guess it depends on how wide of a definition you want to give to bisexuality. If you want to give the broadest definition possible, which is basically anyone who is not 100% gay or 100% straight, then I suppose we're talking about the majority of the population. However, we're also talking about barely perceptible amounts of attraction for the opposite or same sex, rather than anything significant enough to ever be acted upon.

5. FANTIE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Roman Empire is back.

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    They're not really bi, they're just saying they are to be trendy...

7. Ryu

Ryu

^
    That makes sense.

I have a couple friends at school who have said that they would be willing to date a guy, and identify as hetroflexible (I think, if not, bi). I guess this is good because the English youth's are more accepting of gay people... Then again I know about 10 times the amount of people who are homophobic little shits that play call of duty or fifa all the time and live off of doritos, mountain dew and KFC, so I guess that weighs things out. I seem to come across this part of the 46% much more than the other 54%

#7 Ryu, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015