1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Kansas City woman's death is 17th reported transgender murder this year

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Aug 19, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

Kansas City woman's death is 17th reported transgender murder this year | US news | The Guardian

*sigh*
    I wish I can see a good news for once.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure the government is ignoring all of this by now. They would have to be a pretty damn oblivious and inefficient system to just let all of this slide and not even comment on it.

If only people put this much effort into targeting rapists instead. If you absolutely have to murder someone than they better damn well deserve it. It sickens me that the victims are innocent and targeted solely because they're trans, which isn't their choice.

For every smart person in the government who will promote equality, there will be two blindly ignorant individuals who will do everything in their power to stop them from helping others. Sometimes "democracy" just doesn't work.

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is seriously concerning. :eek: Who in their right mind would do such a thing?!?!

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    May she rest in peace... I'm so sick of these murders, against innocent trans people :frowning2:

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one of the reasons I am/was so terrified of going out "en femme", as a transfeminine person of color.

I wish I could say I'm shocked. Even at seventeen, there might be twice that number not even counted, and that's just in the US.

7. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's sad that you have to feel that way, and I'm sorry to say that it might be prudent especially if you're alone at night, because this count does not include those who were assaulted and did not die. That count might be substantially higher-not just twice that number. This is very sad and more needs to be done about it.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We shouldn't have to dress a certain way or be out at a certain time of the day to expect bodily security. I am a little bit worried about arguments from prudence. Obviously, it's prudent for trans people to completely pass so they don't face violence and harassment. (Of course, trans women are always going to face violence and harassment, because of the deeply sexist society we live in. I'm preparing to fight back with violence, so there you have it...) I think we'd find it very strange and disquieting to suggest how women should dress to avoid sexual assault. We are able to squarely lay the blame and responsibility on those who commit violence. I think the same should be the case with violence directed at trans and genderqueer people.

May our sister rest in power!

9. FootballFan101

17 trans women in the us dead from homocide thats not countinf trans men or other countries