1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Rachael Dolezal 2.0: Shaun King

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Wallace N, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know this is my second news topic post about BLM, and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea and think that I am some kind of conservative greatly opposed to them, because I'm not, even if I have some problems with their tactics (#handsupdontshoot, for example, turned out to be BS). But these stories are hard to ignore and I figured that they should be brought up.

Shaun King is a prominent black right's activist associated with Black Lives Matter, who has always claimed to be biracial. Recently, a number of conservative bloggers brought up the fact that his mother is white and on his birth certificate, a white man is listed as his father. King says the man on the certificate is not his real father, that he never knew his real father, but that he was always told the man was a "light-skinned black man".

Of course, the bloggers are claiming that he is white and lying about his race, just as Dolezal was.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/u...enge-to-black-lives-matter-movement.html?_r=0

No, he does not "appear" biracial, whatever that means. If he is biracial, then it only goes to show the ludicrous tactics that conservatives will go to discredit a movement. If he's not, then he's obviously been taking advantage of something he has no part in.

2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. Unless the bloggers come up with something that is water tight ( :roflmao: ) this is just standard conservative birther nonsense to me.

3. CyclingFan

Anyone who accepts as fact something sourced from the shitlords at breitbart deserves to be ridiculed out of society. What a cesspool of bigoted scum.