1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Homo Naledi!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HM03, Sep 10, 2015.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay my first news thread :grin:

Apparently in South Africa they have found previously undiscovered bones of a monkey/human creatures.

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/s...-species-human-ancestor-homo-naledi.html?_r=0

Thoughts?

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Truly amazing! I'm pretty excited about this. The more we piece together our ancient ancestry, the more evidence there is to support evolution (not that many people would listen anyways.)

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

As someone hoping to study anthropology (or something similar), I think everyone needs to remember that the Homo naledi remains need a lot of further analysis before they are confirmed as a new member of the genus Homo. The remains found are very much like those of Homo Australopithecus, so more scientists need to analyse the fossils and corroborate the first report before any certain conclusion can be made about whether they are of a new species or not.

Sorry to ruin any fun you might be having!

#3 Connorcode, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True enough, it should be taken with a grain of salt. BUT I'm already too pumped about it. Apparently it was found a few years ago and places I trust, like National Geographic, have been posting about it :grin:

5. Gallatin

Really fascinating stuff. This could turn out to be a truly monumental discovery.

6. Posthuman666

Absolutely.

7. Eye Shine

It sounds cool :grin: let's see if we get a new member of the homo sapien line XD

8. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I'm pumped too, but was cautious because mistakes get reported as true all the time - look at the dinosaurs: paleontologists are raging all the time about how the size of Argentinosaurus has been misreported and the like.