1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Kim Davis files another appeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kim Davis Files Another Appeal - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

The basis of this one is now that the original plaintiffs in the original lawsuit have all gotten their marriage licenses, that she shouldn't be re jailed if she continues to deny new applications, since they are not part of the original suit. So I guess that she continues to want to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

On a more positive not, the Oath Keepers militia was going to go to Rowan County with guns to try to physically stop any Federal Marshals from taking her into custody have said that she told him she didn't want their so called help. She may be crazy but she's not THAT crazy.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn, I really want the Oath Keepers to go there. Please fucking go there. Like, stick to your guns, dudes! Keep trucking that brave truck!

You know the rest of my hopes (but hopefully, nobody in the law enforcement community gets hurt).

#2 Pret Allez, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No they're not going, they said they want to respect her wishes. (to not accidentally get shot by one side or the other should the Federal Marshals show up. :rolle: ) The Oath Keepers said the issue for them was NOT same sex marriage, they didn't think the Judge had the authority to jail her without a jury trial. :rolle:

If SCOTUS ruled against same sex marriage and a clerk issues those licenses anyway, and got arrested, they'd like that also. They like people to thumb their noses at government, the Federal government in particular.

#3 sldanlm, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's okay, God will accept her appeal.

5. candyjiru

Fuu... I'll go to Kentucky and take her job! 80k a year to sign my name to other people's happiness? What could be better? #candyjiruforcountyclerk XD;;;;

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting argument. I don't know enough about the specifics of the law to know if that strategy would work, but she was at one point saying she was going to try to invalidate all the licenses that have been issued. And even if she does let the ones issued slide but stop new ones, I suspect the judge would have the latitude to address the bigger issue and make it clear that won't work, as he has already specifically addressed the issue by saying that the injunction applies to everyone, not just the four plaintiffs.

Keep in mind that half of this is her and he her asshattery, but the other half of it is the asshats at Liberty Council, a bunch of religious bigots who use the law to try and force their conservative religious agendas.

7. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What a waste of time and money. Just put her in prison, everyone's happy, she still gets to NOT do her job and people can get married. Problem solved.