1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFA going after Pepsi now

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Jan 8, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pepsi just started tasting really good all of a sudden.

Them describing the gay rights movement as a "culture war" is so sickeningly inaccurate, it's almost making me angry. An oppressed minority whose members are constantly denied basic protection and equal treatment struggling to gain the same legal rights as everyone else has zippo to do with culture.

I laughed at them tossing the "pro-abortion" bit in there. I've already posted a lengthy explanation on why pro-choice is not pro-abortion, so I won't go into detail.

They don't seem to realize that they, too, have an agenda, and that stamping the word onto the end of a sentence doesn't make it bad. And again, if fighting for rights that should be afforded naturally is suddenly an "agenda", then so is trying to deny that group equality.

If you would just let gays marry, then they could start a family. But no, that might cause the end of the world.

3. jazzrawr

I just might start buying Pepsi now. XD
    The damn AFA should just go die. In my humble opinion. XD

They're so freaking ridiculous. It's almost hard to believe how sickeningly small-minded they are.

4. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I don't like either pepsi or coke, but now if pressed to state a preference (they both taste the same to me, but w/e) I will definitely say pepsi now!

5. starfish

Makes me glad that I drink Pepsi. I am glad to hear they did this. If it was at all possible I would buy more Pepsi products. I already go through at least 400 liters a year, so I don't think it would be possible to buy any more.

6. Mickey

Oh crap,I drink coke! I applaud Pepsi for doing what they're doing,but.....
    (hey,I quit Mcdonalds! Don't take away my soda,too!)

7. Nodnarb

Eventually, they're going to run out of companies to boycott. What happens then?

Good job outta Pepsi!:slight_smile:

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The list of things AFA has boycotted now rises to include: 7-Eleven, Abercrombie, American Airlines, American Girl, Blockbuster, Burger King, Calvin Klein, Campbell's Soup, Carl's Jr, Clorox, Crest, Disney, Ford, Hallmark, Heinz, IKEA, K-Mart, Kraft, McDonalds, Movie Gallery, Microsoft, MTV, Mary Kay, NutriSystem, Old Navy, Pampers, Pepsi, Procter & Gamble, S. C. Johnson, Shark Tale, Target, and Tide.

9. Bunny

...I gotta hear the story behind some of these. o-O

I mean seriously, Disney?!

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, Disney provides benefits to employees in same-sex relationships, among other things. They're a pretty gay-friendly corporation.

11. Hoppip

Don't boycott it because of its incredible influence on the obesity epidemic, nor its incredibly unhealthy products, but instead for its involvement in the HOMOSEXICAL AGENDA.

Mmmm. Nice one, guys.

Except the homosexual agenda will be the least of your worries when you're locked in a stalemate with Pepsi because of your gluttonous addiction to their products. :slight_smile:

12. Greggers

Just for this bitch, im drinking Pepsi.

I was neutral to pepsi or coke, but now im REALLY admiring Pepsi! At first i thought the article was praising Pepsi! I mean, it just kept going on about how helpful Pepsi was being by donating money to raise awareness and acceptance and help fund programs like PFLAG that are fundamental to many people. Then i figured out they were wanting to BOYCOTT pepsi for trying to spread love to the world? Thats just sick and wrong. PFLAG, No on Prop 8, Human Rights Campain, what do they have in common? They are all organizations trying to better out world we live in. All i can find negitive in all this posative about the company is:

"Plus, every homosexual organization we know of is overwhelmingly pro-abortion."

and that is um, wow, sad. How can anyone take AFA seriously if they throw out random stereotypes and false accusations? Pro-abortion is not even the right word to use. Ask the organization and they will most likely say "We are pro choice and equality" and thats different. You can be pro-choice and not love abortion, you just dont want someone to have a right taken away and that is something admirable. The funny part was "Pepsi forces all employees to attend sexual orientation and gender identity diversity training where they are taught to accept homosexuality." in bold at the bottem. I laughed. They are trying to scare people by saying "Pepsi teaches all there employees to accept one another." and last time i checked, that only makes for a BETTER work enviorment. What does the AFA WANT then? They want the employees to not accept each other? Yea, thats nice AFA. Your boycotting a company for the sole reason they want there company to be successful. Why not boycott, oh, everything? Life maybe? Cause wanting to do good is sort of what a business is. Im sorry for anyone who buys into this "OMG THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE BE ACCEPTING" because its 100%, absolute BULL SHIT.

13. Kid Quasar

My Goddess, that story itself is on AFA's site? What the hell? Are they aware that this story makes themselves look like complete assholes? Hell, even if I was straight and sided against homosexuality, that story would make me feel bad.

Why was this in bold at the end? Were they really stressing that accepting diversity is a bad thing? >_< I can just picture some people saying "Heil AFA!"

EDIT: Pepsi never tasted so good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Adam

I'm glad I used to be addicted to Pepsi, even though I try not to drink pop anymore.

15. Tim

Tim

Well, from now on, I'll buy Pepsi's over Cokes, on the off chance I actually get soda ;P

16. Bunny

That's so cool! I never would've guessed.

Oh, and I am totally gonna drink Pepsi now, if I can get away with it. xD I actually prefer it over coke, but for some reason my dad /hates/ Pepsi, and doesn't like us drinking it. >>;

17. Mickey

The AFA sent a letter to Mcdonalds threatening a boycott because McDonalds supported gay events. McDonalds CAVED into the AFA's demands! Ronald is a homophobe,by proxy!

18. Tim

Tim

I wouldn't have guessed that considering a few of their past stars have been afraid to come out due to the possibility of being dropped by Disney :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly at the rate they're going, eventually they're going to have practically nothing to buy.

20. Urman

Urman Guest

hmm interesting AFA Can go f there self

#20 Urman, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009