1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Official Gender!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by myra, Jan 8, 2009.

1. myra

I read this in my campus's newspaper today:

"Australia's Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission announced plans in December to create a third official gender for government identification: "intersex," for transsexuals, wheter or not they have had surgery. Immediately, activists from Sex and Gender Education Australia called the proposal inadequate, demanding a fourth gender, also, for people who feel that "gender" is either "undefinable" or subject to daily changes of attitude."

I think its a really cool article. Upsets me a tad that it was under the section "News of the weird" but i think its good that the school put it in here at least. I'm glad Australia is doing that.

2. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sounds Great. Now Either Homophobia Will Get Worse Or It Will Get Better. I Hope For The Better And I Am Happy That The "Intersex" People Will Finally Be Recognized Now. :confused: