1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mm what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ralphtruco, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so i was lookin over wiki and i found this chart ... and i dint really get it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_homosexuality_laws.svg

the thing i dint get was what does the lighter green and normal green means?
    i live in an lighter green country so no same sex unions... ? wich mean if i had a boyfriend wat wuld happen?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you live in a light green place it means that you could not have a legally recognized relationship with somebody of the same sex. In dark green areas, you can.

3. Amy

Amy

Life inprisonment in India? Really? That really shocks me...

4. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    and life penalty also ._. i remember an article a loong ago about a couple of guys wo were hanged for that...
    but wait xD i still dont get it ... wat do u mean by legally recognized relationship with somebody of the same sex? what is the diference with that and marriage?
    (normal green means that you CAN have legally recognized relationship with somebody of the same sex?)

5. Urman

Urman Guest

Some places are terrible with laws regarding gays some even sadly involve execution for example Iraq and some other middle east countries

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Light green, no same sex unions, means that no matter what your relationship status is, it's not legally recognized by the federal government.

Green, same sex unions, means you can file for a legal partnership that grants some benefits of marriage, but not all.

Dark green, same sex marriage, means that you can marry anyone of the same sex and receive the full benefits that heterosexual couples get.

7. crystaltriforce

i heard that in middle eastern countries if someone is gay and it's found out the government eather kills them or forces them to undergo a sex change operation.

8. Ben

Ben

That's only Iran. Homosexuality is punishable by death is Iran, but the state will fund towards sex change operations. Once their sexuality is out, there's really only one way to go.
    Other countries have laws which allow homosexuality to be punishable by death, but will give fines or other punishments in place of the death penalty.

I think as of 2009, all of Europe has legalised homosexuality. :slight_smile:

9. Ben

Ben

Homosexuality is legal in Iraq, although some people there will be violent towards gays.

10. Nitro

South Africa allows for gay marriage and the USA doesn't?! *Gives head a shake*

11. marri

thats shocking..

Im glad I live where I live

12. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's horrible...

I love you sig though, le renard is so smart... I loved the chapters he was in the best. The line you chose as your sig is probably my fav out of the whole book, it's been a while since I read it though so I'm not completely sure.