1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News This Trans Woman Is Using Topless Photos To Challenge Facebook’s Nipple Policy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jalo, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Full Buzzfeed Article Here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/do-i-have-boobs-now#.auvNbO85A

My personal thoughts? Yay, good for her! I love what she's doing.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, I'm kind of sorry I left Victoria... Honestly, I should have just tried to stay in Canada after I finished at UVic.

The people who work on social issues there are amazing. (*hug*)

Now, obviously this thread is probably going to get murdered by absolutely idiotic discussion about privilege, but I feel like a couple of things are worth noting here. One, Demone is being empathetic. Two, she's trying to make a statement, and I think it's incredibly important, about how women get treated like shit.

One of the things that's a source of frustration for me is that people see me as male, even if I'm presenting, and therefore that means that people automatically treat me with more respect than my peers. For no reason whatsoever.

#2 Pret Allez, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015