1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Cruel Treatment of LGBT Activists in Indonesia

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by tourettesqueen, Oct 11, 2015.

1. tourettesqueen

'We Were Treated Like Animals': The Story Of Indonesia's LGBT Activists

So sad, but those people are so brave for standing up for their rights. Interested to read the other parts of the series. Makes me glad to live in America.

#1 tourettesqueen, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just from those few quotes, I know I don't have the heart to read the article. I'll end up crying. People can be so disgusting... It's bad enough here, but I know there are far, far worse places and it's a shame I can say that.

3. Priapus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I choose not to read it as well... because I know I will only end up in a very bad mood.

Sadly, since Indonesia is still a young developing country, I find such cases inevitable.
    As much as we want to, we cannot expect the people—educated or not—to accept things that are not mainstream. Sad indeed. Reality. :dry:

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder, when activists like him have to face such cruelty, why do they still do it? On one hand, it is a noble act, especially towards other homosexuals in hiding. But, it could also be considered foolish, since their close ones may end up losing them, and on top of that, may face the possibility of being mistreated by society as well.

Heroic sacrifice, or pointless suicide?
    No offense, just a thought. :icon_wink

#3 Priapus, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015