1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Someone was fired for being "too lesbian"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Canterpiece, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think they fired her for being ''too lesbian'' but for just not putting out ''mainstream'' stuff. If they wanted a ''change of direction'' [all companies do this, not just on sexuality news] they could have at least offered her another job in either that company or got her a job interview for another. I don't think this opinions going to be popular and sorry if I offend, but it's what I think, you can always constructively argue with me if you want [or you could educate me on how USA jobs work, I'm from UK so I might be culturally wrong].

3. MeepMoop

that's sad....

4. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

This reminds me of the iCarly episode where Gibby got a detention for being "too Gibby".

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been my experience that in the USA for most corporations it's whatever the people in charge feel is best for the bottom line. Companies are constantly going in new directions if they feel it'll increase profits and or decrease costs. Sometimes the people in charge are basing decisions on market research, sometimes they're putting their own beliefs into decision making and think that they're right when they're not. That might be what's happening in this case. I haven't seen the marketing research on this particular subject. If if it's based on marketing research it can sometimes be wrong. I read somewhere that the author of the Harry Potter series was rejected by all of the major publishing houses.