1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Indiana GOP introduce LGBT rights bill, somehow make it worse than the RFRA

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GeeLee, Nov 18, 2015.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Indiana Republicans Introduce The Most Anti-LGBT LGBT Rights Bill Ever | ThinkProgress

In short, the bill is more concerned with protecting Christian privilege than protecting the most vulnerable in society. Won't stop the GOP from patting themselves on the back and blasting us for being ungrateful though.

2. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Republicans are mind numbingly stupid! Why these people are even allowed to reproduce is beyond me.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Geez, you would have thought Indiana Republicans would have learned a lesson after the last debacle, and all the boycotts...and yet the GOP seems fine with these bills that say, "OK, go ahead and discriminate." SCOTUS ruled on a very similar case in Colorado, Romer Vs. Evans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romer_v._Evans

I wonder why this case has not been mentioned in light of all these recent attempts to allow discrimination? It would seem very germane, but I have not heard mention of it.

#3 HuskyPup, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder if this is supposed to be some kind of a sick joke, or are they really this dense?

5. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I find it hard to feel surprised when I hear about stuff like this. I'm confidant that in time there will be equal opportunity for all people regardless of orientation or gender identity but stuff like this makes makes that lofty goal a bit farther away than I'd hope.

6. DinelodiiGitli

Even my conservative relatives see this one as ridiculously stupid.
    Honestly, this is beyond dumb.

7. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Indiana! I am very disappointed in you, next door neighbor!

8. photoguy93

I saw the link yesterday to the announcement anddddd I didn't have time to read it but thought "oh, that's nice that we have an anti-discrimination bill..wonderful" - - - - although I thought it was weird.

My feelings were apparently right. I just see this as a political ploy. They can now go around saying "but we LOVE the gays, see! We protected them!" Good grief...

9. Summer Rose

Indiana still behind on lgbt freedom, but they're probably ahead of the conservative memo: they're already sweeping us under the same rug like with blacks, pretending they understand the problem and creating back/under handed solutions.

10. 741852963

I've never understood this whole trans bathroom controversy:

a. Most trans people are "straight" (they are attracted to the sex opposite to their transitioned sex) - yet conservatives also kick up a fuss about gay people in locker-rooms/gyms/the military because they are scared of "perving". So if they want gay people banned from same sex environments...why do they want a majority of heterosexual trans people in an "opposite sex" environments (i.e. straight transmen in women's bathrooms and vice versa). Which is that you want Republicans?! You cannot have it both ways!....
    b. Unless they are calling for unisex or trans toilets...which they are opposed to aswell.
    c. When they see passing transpeople in opposite sex environments they kick off anyway! "THAT TRANSMAN LOOKS LIKE A BLOKE, HE SHOULDN'T BE IN THE LADIES'!"

It is just so idiotic! Transpeople have to pee somewhere!

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Again, glad I live in Massachusetts.

12. Im Hazel

This makes me very sad.