1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgender Day of Remembrence : May Peleg

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Eveline, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read about her and felt a need to share her story with the wider community. I wish I could have known her in person and been there for her to maybe help her cope somehow but she went through so much and I understand so well her desire for some peace. She sounds like such an inspiring person and a person that truly left her mark on the life of so many. Despite not knowing her in person, I am writing these words in tears... rest in peace May and I hope you live on through your kind words and actions, in the hearts of many.

These are her words:

"The values according to which I acted: love of humanity and life, acceptance of the other, tolerance, and opening your mind, truth, and justice.

"I want you to remember these values. Please stay away from hatred and fighting. Stay away from anger, maintain justice and truth, be pluralistic and stay open-minded and use critical thinking.

"Follow your truth and make your dreams come true.

"Accept all living people as they are. Stop fearing and hating the other.

"Don't judge others. You can never know what the person in front you has really gone through.

"Spread love and at least reduce hatred.

"Think of how your actions affect others.

"Try to help whoever you can. In general, if you can, make sacrifices for others. If you can't, at least try to help those who are close to you.

"My memory is what you will take away from my life and carry in your hearts; it is my legacy. If there is anything that was worth all the suffering I went through in life, it is that you will take my legacy and continue it."

Taken from this article:

Court: Transgender woman can be cremated - Israel News, Ynetnews

#1 Eveline, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015