1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Columnist: US should ‘bomb Mecca off the face of the earth’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Aldrick

Full story here.

This is why secular governments and secular values are important. It is the only thing that keeps nut jobs like this away from the levers of power.

#1 Aldrick, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Plattyrex

My dad talks like this a lot. He takes it a step further though and says we should jst nuke the entire middle east. I would love to object, but apparently pointing out the fact that that is the dumbest idea on the face of the earth is stupid, and I only say it because I'm too young to understand "politics".

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly this is a majority opinion in many places in the US.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here, what I find ironic about all of this is that these people who advance these ideas are showing that they are more barbaric than what they are fighting against. If they want to respond that way, and they are getting a sympathetic hearing among American conservatives, then we are basically proving that nothing cultural separates them from ISIS actors--they are both genocidal and exterminationist in their outlook; the only difference is targets.

The reason they aren't able to enact their madness is that we are a nation constrained by laws and our constitutional history; something that doesn't obtain for the fascist ISIS factions.

If we did not have such strong controls, we could look forward to a complete degeneration of many of our public intellectuals into the realm of fascistic madness.

#4 Pret Allez, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But "they're" the terrorists and barbaric. (eye roll)

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder why their "solutions" always involve "Just kill everyone".

The way I see it, if tons of innocent people will be killed in the process, then you need to find another way to handle it.
    That should be obvious.

7. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

No disrespect here but...

what the fuck? This is the stupidest thing I've heard all fuckin' day. Just 'bomb' a whole damn city off the face of the Earth? A RELIGIOUS one at that? And 'our god is more powerful'... oh my fucking god.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, because that would totally not cause massive alienation in the Muslim world or ICC proceedings.

Alternatively, that disgusting excuse for a man could be productive and advocate for the US to reduce its ties with Saudi Arabia for humanitarian reasons. But I don't think humanitarianism has crossed his mind.

#8 Aussie792, Nov 20, 2015
  9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He does know Christians and Muslims worship the same God right? Allah isn't some diety that only Muslims worship, it just means God in Arabic. Hell, in a lot of cases they revere the same prophets too including Jesus.

Granted this relies on him reading the bible and reading about Abrahamic traditions instead of just reading the bits that justify his bigotry in his mind.

#9 GeeLee, Nov 20, 2015
  10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What is the ICC? What is the ICJ? We're the US, and we do what the fuck we want. International law is aspirational and nice to follow for public relations purposes. :3 :3

I mean, case in point, Henry Kissinger was actively protected from criminal charges for his shit, even though what he did would be capital crimes if done by any similarly situated official in the Global South...

11. Justinian20

Bombing Mecca, you stupid man and anti Muslim person, that would start a World War and remember the past world wars, if this guy wants a religious world war, he would probably get one.

Honestly at one stage I thought of the idea of nuking Isis if only for the reasoning that Japan kept fighting at the end of World War II and when the nukes were dropped they gave up. I also know that many civilians would be killed. But that negative does make me think twice about it, because no innocent people should die.

But back to bombing Mecca, how would you feel if people bombed the Vatican just like he is suggesting to bomb Mecca. This is why being secular is better for government because religion doesn't get in the way of your decisions. A secular government would see the problem as a bunch of people part of a religion, but the problem is not the religion, it's that bunch of people giving it a bad name.

12. Neon

Di's why I'm a I can't get along with conservatives.

13. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be fair, this nutcase isn't your average conservative. For example, one of his many complaints is supposedly that Fox news has too many liberals on. :rolle:

When the crazy person said, "letting the Muslims know once and for all that our God is far more powerful and, yes, vengeful than their own puny deity.” for some reason that scene from the Avengers popped into my head. It's the one where Loki says he is the Hulk's God. the Hulk beats him up and says, "Puny God!" :lol:

14. AlamoCity

Why not nuke Medina while you're at it? :rolle:

It's funny how people fail to realize that Daesh actually wants "Armageddon" according to their interpretation of the Koran. Their propaganda magazine, Dabiq, is actually named after a town in Syria where, according to their eschatological beliefs, the Infidel armies and "true Muslims" will fight Armageddon and God will smite us non-believers.

If you're gonna nuke something, nuke the area around Dabiq. That will put a dent in their eschatological beliefs.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We are on the brink of world War as it is. If this actually happened world war 3 would be a fact.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Truth, sister!

Now more than ever, we need the compassion and an energetic general public to put a stop to conflict escalation.

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanna kick Donald Trump in the balls, really hard, in the most embarrassing situation possible, before some or other massive crowd, dressed as giant, fuzzy panda bear.

But just by way of fun, and not as a solution to the problem of these sorts of 'just bomb them' idiots.

18. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone needs to puke of this guy's suit. He's ridiculous.

Mecca and Medina are not only places of worship but also historical places of significant importance to the history of the entire human civilization. Destroying them is the same as destroying the Notre Dame, St. Peter's Basilica, the Acropolis, or the ancient temples of the Aztecs.

19. SMace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So not only do they make the mistake of calling the Quran a handbook of terrorism, when really peace is mentioned far more often than war, but they also don't seem to think that there would be consequences to bombing a city.... In Saudi Arabia, which happens to be an ally of the US. An action that would incite wars. Yeah this person is genius.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]ciAYRACAHLQ[/YOUTUBE]