1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something that went on at my school today...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ralphtruco, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so i was happilly doing my english reading thing, when we finished (it was of groups of 4) we started talking about LGB, they (the other 2) were saying things like "they should be allowed to marry!" or "raising kid would make them gay" or stupid things like that. so of course i was there silent.. saying something would be like coming out and im not ready to come out to the general public
    and then my best friend starts talking like "THEY SHOULD GET THE SAME RIGHTS THAT YOU GOT WHEN YOU WERE BORN!" o_o she was really screaming! XD anyway ... i dont know if she was defendin me or what (she has like 3 other bi/gay friends xD) but it felt nice ^^
    you might probably hate me for this ... but my opinion in the matter is yes everybody can marry who they want, but ._. adopting ._. i dont know i wouldn want to cause the same things i have gone trough to someone i call my son
    so anyway xD that is it

2. TheRoof

wait just to clarify...(cuz im kinda confused)
    ur saying everyone can marry who they want whether its a man or a woman
    but gay or lesbian couple adopting a kid is not okay??

3. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    of course it is okay! XD everyone can do what they want ... but I just wouldn do it ._.
    what i meant xD is that it should be legal in all contries (marry and adopt) but i just wouldn do it cus ._. i dont know... at least at this point of my life i dont feel THAT confortable with that living with a man, raising a family... i dont know how to explain it xD

4. Fiender

Statistically speaking, as long as the parents are stable and have a decent income the children they could adopt are better off with them than in an orphanage.

While having gay parents does make the person a little more open sexually, in the end it does not change their sexual identity.

5. Markio

What a great friend. A similar thing happened in a class of mine, and I stayed *relatively* silent too, especially since my roommate was in the class. 9_9

6. Mickey

I raised 4 kids,with my g/f and every one of them are straight. It doesn't matter who raises you,you're either gay or you're not. (or bi )
    Remember...most gay people were raised by heterosexual parents.