1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Oregon Militia Occupation

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DreamerBoy17, Jan 7, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oregon standoff reflects decades-long fight on land rights

Honestly, I'm very surprised nobody has posted on this yet!

Personally, I find it disgusting that these militia idiots complain about their rights and land taken away, and then decide to occupy Native Amercian land. Talk about hypocrisy. This occupation also highlights racist attitudes in the United States. Some people hail these people, who are not peacefully protesting, but possess guns, as patriots and heroes. Can anyone imagine the react if this would be Muslim or Black protestors? They'd be gunned down/imprisoned in a split second. Ugh. This country disgusts me sometimes.

2. Psaurus918

These thugs are a waste of human life plain and simple. The best part is half of the guys in this stand off receive government assistance in one form or the other then complain about "big" government.

Also you have to laugh at the fact they didn't bring enough supplies and are begging people to send them food, clothes and other gear via the mail ya know a government program.

3. FootballFan101

They seem like assholes to me

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was the first thing I thought of also when I first heard the news story.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/o...-standoff.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

A pretty concise summary as to why the men who have "reclaimed" this land are committing nothing more than a narrow-minded and selfish land-grab.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe this is being allowed.

I'd send in the army, to get them out---tanks, bombs, missiles...whatever it takes. What do I pay taxes for?

7. Im Hazel

The problem is that if they sent in armed police, people would die. It still could be preferable by allowing these terrorists to get whatever they want.

8. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They need to stop playing G.I. Joe and go do something do productive. :dry:

9. RainDreamer

Well, just let them stay there and bored their mind out. Simple minds wont last long against boredom.

10. AlamoCity

While I would enjoy if the federal government went in whacko Waco style, but for the safety of law enforcement I'd say wait them out some more. Blockade their supply routes and cut off any power the visitor center receivers and sit back and sip coffee and have some donuts. Heck, I'd even GoFundMe a coffee and donut initiative for the cops :lol:.

After a while, well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Then charge everyone with criminal trespass/breaking and entering and anything else you can tack on from there.

And this group's leader also highlights how backwards and racist they are. He once claimed blacks were better off as slaves.

#10 AlamoCity, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason this is happening is because the government is so afraid of provoking right-wing domestic terrorism by prosecuting these idiots. Ruby Ridge and Waco inspired a new generation of right-wing anarchist looney toons to take up arms against the government. In fact, Waco inspired Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols (who grew up 45 minutes from my hometown here in Michigan) to pack a Ryder truck full of explosives and blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995.

[YOUTUBE]l08zD9Pn1jk[/YOUTUBE]

The police were scared away because they were outgunned at Bunkerville, Nevada two years ago, and because none of the terrorists were prosecuted, they've been emboldened and think they can get away with doing this again. I think these right-wing terrorists both there in Oregon and elsewhere in the country need to be dealt with swiftly, ruthlessly, and mercilessly. That will send the message that if you try this shit anywhere else, you'll meet the same fate.

#11 AwesomGaytheist, Jan 8, 2016
  12. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I disagree with these protestors approach but sending in an aggressive force could very well result in many lives lost. This was why Waco was such a boondoggle and why these groups have been able to use it as a modern example of aggression by the feds. The overblown response in Ferguson also lead to increased violence from initially peaceful protesters. So, let's try to learn from these past mistakes shall we?

Last point, carrying a gun does not equate to not being peaceful.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does when they have seized land with guns and threaten to use them. Armed insurrection is not a light matter and certainly not a gesture of peace. These people are threatening violence and have violated God knows how many laws already. It isn't peaceful in any sense of the word.

Not that this sort of thing wasn't to be expected in a country where there is a higher rate of gun ownership than high school graduation.

Ideally, I think they ought to be starved out. They'll either have to give in to authorities (the ideal situation), fight and lose (at their own instigation) or die of their own lack of preparation (of their own volition, though hopefully it won't need to come to that). The authorities need not engage in brutality and the outcome, whatever it may be, will humiliate the so-called militia.

It is hard to sympathise with the cause of these hopeless people, but it's best to be humane and punish them as civilly as possible. Pathetic as they are, they do not deserve to die or be severely injured unless it is absolutely necessary.

#13 Aussie792, Jan 8, 2016
  14. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a gross overstatement of what happened here. These yahoos drove down the road and set up camp they didn't "seize the land." This is glorified trespassing.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They've threatened to respond to any government action to remove them from the land with force of their own and said they are willing to die for the cause. They are not only trespassing on federal property, but they are threatening government agents. That's not peaceful at all.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trespassing with guns and claiming the land for themselves is hardly a harmless little camping trip.

Glorified trespassing is a gross understatement.

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are some articles now saying that these guys are turning on themselves. So, it will be interesting to see if this group does not implode from the inside.