1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT History Month - UK!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ben, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben

America had theirs in October, now it's the UK's turn. :slight_smile:

http://www.lgbthistorymonth.org.uk/

Events and exhibitions are being held all around the country throughout the month of February! Yay! :grin:

#1 Ben, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. 1974

Cool have heard about this on the radio

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Awesome!

4. Tom

Tom Guest

wow, hadn't heard about this. unfortunately if you look at the calendar of events Wales has like 4, which dont sound any fun at all yet the east midlands (where I am originally from) has like 110 events which include some interesting ones D=

Darn Wales and being at Uni!!!!

5. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess living in North Wales is a bit crappy for LBGT. I was in Bangor just before and after christmas and was amazed that there are only 2 nightclubs (one of which was super dodgy and the other "Time" at the student union). Although i have say, id swap the pubs and clubs for the amazing mountain climbing and scenary in north wales any day!

6. Tom

Tom Guest

Thats what drew me to Bangor above all other uni's in the first place, and the night clubs you only do really have Time and Octagon (non dodgy at all when you are with the right people and on the right nights) but then theres also Academi, basement bar, three crowns(gay bar), rascals(gay bar but most ppl start nights here), yellow,varsity, the harp, the albion, the ship, o'shaes, patricks, belle vue and aload more. I think that the three crowns might be doing something for LGBT history month though, they have a stripper on the 4th so maybe that could be classed as one? =]