1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Another day, another bathroom bill from a GOPer

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GeeLee, Jan 12, 2016.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Virginia GOP bill would require schools to verify children’s genitals before using restroom

Wow, I mean....Wow.

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

What??

To anyone that supports this: that's bullshit. This is also hypocrisy. The ones who are supportive claim they are afraid transgender people might commit a violent-sexual act or whatever, but they are committing a sexual act by checking children's genitals! People, especially little kids (Who are more likely to be traumatized from something like this) have every right to keep their genitals to themselves. What, is this another case of "Penis Inspection Day"? Oh, it's totally normal to just check a little boy's foreskin to make sure he's keeping it clean?

Way to hire pedophiles!

Fucking perverts. Whoever thinks this is okay need to stay far away from elementary schools.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Luckily, Virginia has a Democratic Governor, and this will never pass.

But don't Republicans have anything better to do, then to worry about kid's genitals?

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Irony everywhere!
    So in their mind in order to protect a child from sexual abuse they must sexually abuse the child?

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "To protect your children from a hypothetical scenario that has never happened before, I must look down each and every one of their pants and then put them where I think they should go, alright?"

In other words, screw everybody over because some old men can't just accept they were wrong.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will never understand why people are so freaked out about bathrooms.

7. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Straight men often have a skewed, perverted vision of what goes on in women's bathrooms. I've never been in a men's bathroom (as I probably won't transition until after I graduate), but I've never seen any nudity in a women's bathroom. Every person has their own private stall and maybe touches up their makeup at the mirror. No urinals. I don't know why people think there's one big orgy going on in there.

There is absolutely no reason to freak out about bathrooms, really. I remember being at some park one day and my friends and I decided to have a private talk about a situation that was going on at the time in the girls' bathroom. The little cousin of one of my friends (who was not even supposed to come with us to the bathroom) pointed at my friend and said, "He can't go in the girls' bathroom! He's a boy!" He was also gay, so it's not like he was going to fuck girls in the bathroom.

TL;DR people need to chill.

8. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Odd how it the same people are fine with unisex bathrooms sometimes...

9. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Completely pointless and unenforceable tripe. I can't imagine the majority of even the most transphobic parents would be willing to allow their kid's genitals to be inspected in order for them to use the bathroom, nor would it be practical to do so even if they were OK with it, which basically means they are just hoping for a free pass to harass kids who don't conform to gender standards, whether they are actually trans or not.

re: women's rooms, the story they use to scare people into thinking these laws are needed is that men are going to pretend to be trans, so they can go into women's rooms with the intent of assaulting women.

As if a man who was going to do something like that wouldn't just wait until nobody is looking and go in anyway.

Conversely, they also use the fear of men assaulting trans people who are bio women in the men's room as a reason they shouldn't be allowed in there, though most of them seem far less focused on that than on the women's room.

There's no point in trying to argue the logic, because they don't actually care about either scenario, they just don't like the idea of trans people and think they can find socially acceptable ways to make their lives more difficult by pretending their care about people's safety in the potty.

#9 Rydia, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  10. RainDreamer

Can we flush that down the toilet?

11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, that exactly.

No way this will be passed.
    Have to ask the parents which would they prefer:
    Your kid using the bathroom with someone who is transgender and simply has to pee
    ...or...
    Have men and/or women demand they pull their pants down so that they can physically inspect the genitals to make sure they "belong" in that room

Imagine trying to file a complaint against a person who touched your child wrong and the cops tell ya they can't do shit cause its the law

12. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) That's wrong
    2) Nobody would have to check anyone's genitals, they would just look at their birth certificate

13. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's one thing I don't get, if people are so needing people to have it by sex rather than gender, then why aren't there two disabled toilets [one for female sex and one for male sex]?