1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Sanders blistering attack

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by bingostring, Jan 12, 2016.

1. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This was 5 minutes of a brilliant tyrade against Greenspan...

... and it was BEFORE the crash !!!

[YOUTUBE]WJaW32ZTyKE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's not going to win. Hilary is. :slight_smile:

3. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While I'd prefer Hillary to anyone on the other side, and I doubt that Bernie will end up winning in the Democratic primary, I can't help but admire his consistency which seems to be a league above that of most other politicians. Anyway, I'd love to see him get a chance.

4. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :icon_bigg :badgrin:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! :dry: you can't do that! That's mean! :frowning2:

6. Alex101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciate his attack of the Fed, but not his schemes for "fixing" the woes of the country. Not by a long shot. However, I have considered supporting him, if for no other reason than his regime would probably bring about a total economic and system collapse more rapidly than anyone else (well, Trump might be right up there with him), and hence, we can finally begin rebuilding something legitimate and sustainable on the ruins.

7. tscott

How anyone could possibly support Hillary is beyond me. She is in the pockets of Wall Street and perhaps the most entitled and duplicitous candidate running. The presidency is not hers by fiat. Her record as Secretary of State is appalling. I would sooner see Jeb Bush in office. Their politics are much the same, but I'll give Jeb chops for being the more honorable of the two.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's got to be the most non-sensual thing I've read all day. Bernie Sanders supporters and Republicans are sounding so much alike these days that I almost can't tell the difference anymore. Her record as SoS was excellent, she presided over the withdrawal from Iraq and kept us out of other useless wars.

Once again, every attack that Sanders supporters and Republicans keep screaming incessantly is nothing more than figments of their imagination. Yes she once opposed gay marriage, so did Barack Obama, John Kerry, Al Gore, along with a full 40% of the general electorate. But they all get a pass. You ask a Sanders supporter or a Republican to tell you what one of Hillary's lies were and you'll either get a blank stare, or they'll scream the popular Republican refrain "Benghazi!" Which has long since been debunked. A recent poll showed most Republicans don't even know what country Benghazi is even in.

It's interesting that you say you'd support Jeb Bush because Hillary is too conservative. That's like saying that Jeb Bush is too liberal so I'll vote for Bernie Sanders.

9. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's the Republicans turn to win. We don't get to make this decision, the Archon High Council does.

10. 741852963

I think the problem is the role of President is not all about policy, politics and accountability.

There is a HUGE element of marketing, PR, showmanship expected in this day and age (probably dating back to Reagan) - Presidents almost "have to" become celebrities in their own right. In part I think it is symptomatic with America's love affair with television and the media, the glitz and glamour.

Clinton nows how to work the camera, use social media to her advantage, do the right press-ops etc, whereas Sanders in being a bit more reserved and policy-focussed essentially misses a trick here.