1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Please clap (Jeb Bush)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Typhoon, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That scene in my head always makes me laugh. So sad so pathetic!

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I see him as a genuinely nice person but a really dumb politician. I don't hate him. I just kind of feel bad for him.

4. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also, nobody really wants another President Bush after what happened last time.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How many times will Jeb! Bush have to be publicly humiliated before he drops out of the race?

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest he seems less stupid than his brother and I'd rather have him than trump considering how batshit crazy trump is.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel bad for him. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy... just doesn't seem really cut out for politics on the national stage.

And you can't help but feel sorry for someone who so badly miscalculates what's going to rev up his audience and has to ask for people to clap... my guess is he was so shocked that he got no response that he wasn't sure what to do, so the "please clap" was probably the first thought that came to mind. I'm sure that, looking back, he realizes how pathetic it made him look, and wouldn't do it again if given a "do over."

That said, I really don't get why he's still in the race.

8. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In a way I kinda feel bad for him.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel bad for him. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy... just doesn't seem really cut out for politics on the national stage.

And you can't help but feel sorry for someone who so badly miscalculates what's going to rev up his audience and has to ask for people to clap... my guess is he was so shocked that he got no response that he wasn't sure what to do, so the "please clap" was probably the first thought that came to mind. I'm sure that, looking back, he realizes how pathetic it made him look, and wouldn't do it again if given a "do over."

That said, I really don't get why he's still in the race.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's not been an issue in the Bush family before, so why would it matter now? At least, the more recent Bush President never really struck me as being cut out for being a major national political figure.

#10 BMC77, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  11. Safekeeping

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The pressure will be on for Jeb to bow out after Tuesday's New Hampshire primary. I DOUBT he'll finish anywhere in the top three.

12. 741852963

Yeh, maybe it was his attempt at humor and trying to make light of a bad situation, but the fact that nobody was clapping in the first place is a very bad sign. This is America, we expect excited wooping and clapping at press conferences!

Marco Rubio has also had a big gaff which is definitely enough to cost him big:

Marco Rubio's broken record blunder costs him New Hampshire debate | US news | The Guardian

You know when Trump first announced he was running I thought it was hilarious. We get novelty candidates running here as well (Bez for example). But for him to actually be a front-runner and just two steps away from becoming the President of the United States. Absolutely terrifying even as someone that doesn't live there.

Now of course we have our own evil overlord, but at least he isn't bats**t crazy on top.

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, it's essentially because his numbers are relatively good in New Hampshire (maybe not great compared to Trump's 30%, but he was around 10% behind Rubio and Cruz both at 15ish% the last I saw*), so that gives him a very slight hope of getting a boost and carrying it into the March 1st primaries.

Also, he really would be the best bet to beat Hillary in the general election. I imagine the Republican establishment is pushing very hard to try to keep him in as long as they can.

*Although I've been hunkered down working on course work for the past few days so I wouldn't be shocked if those polls have changed since.

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2016 at 11:01 AM ----------

Oh god, it is so disturbing. I try to rationalize it by hoping that he's just trolling or is a plant by the Clintons to win the election - but even then, the number of people willfully supporting him in the US is as you said, completely and absolutely terrifying. He's tapping into the very worst traits of humanity and bringing them to the surface...

#13 Browncoat, Feb 7, 2016
  14. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^^Exactly.

He spent 85M$ in the campaign so that must have held him back as well. Plus that one moment when he said before Iowa, that he thought he could win the nomination made me :frowning2: I think he thought that with both his father and brothers being Presidents, he might have had a shot, but his brother in particular left one heck of a mess - it's small wonder he's asking people to ''Vote for Jeb'' and not for ''Jeb Bush''.

Well who knows, he might get a few pity votes in NH after that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also relevant:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IikCN-cLLs4

#14 Typhoon, Feb 7, 2016
  15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

He seems like a decent enough guy. I'd actually rather he were president instead of Hillary or any of the unholy trinity of Cruz/Trump/Rubio. Even something like this gives me the impression that the man at least has feelings and a sense of humor, not that it makes him a good politician but it does give me sympathy for him. Too bad it seems like whenever he speaks people mostly see his family name and zone out on the rest.

16. Psaurus918

As much as I hate George and disliked George sr, Jeb is the only conservative I'd be okay with winning the election because he is passionate about this country and holds down to his political beliefs. It's too bad he's being overshadowed by Cruz and the biggest joke of all time Trump