1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSA's!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Maggi, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Maggi

Hey every one!
    i am a gsa leader at my school and i was wondering what other gsa's were doing to make their school/community a better and safer place for LGBT members. i was especially wondering what people were doing for the day of silence. i hope this is a good way to share ideas so we can all make an impact!
    :icon_bigg

~maggi

2. littledinosaurs

My school is actually holding a confrence in our state to meet up with a bunch of GSA's around us and we're gonna have people speaking in like sessions that the kids can choose which ones they want to attend :slight_smile:
    we had Love Makes a Family one Year
    and we did this poster thing that was like "what if your friend/sibling were gay?" and had people put responses up.

3. Maggi

im not familiar with "Love Makes a Family"
    what is it?

4. littledinosaurs

It was this moving exhibit that we acquired for like a week where it was a bunch of pictures of alternative families (aka gay families) and they had stories with them. It was really interesting and we got a good response from the school :slight_smile:

5. Cheese Love

Ours just started and unfortunately meets once a month. The last two meetins we talked about Milk, 1138 Reasons why Equality Matters, and I do believe that at our next meeting we'll be watching For the Bible Tells Me So :]

6. Amy

Amy

For our DOS last year, we had over 100 students participate. We did not have many people involved in the actual club, as we didn't really do anything. So do something and keep members. :slight_smile:
    We also have a programme called "Choose Another Word" which is basically getting students (and staff for that matter) to use non-discriminatory terms such as "That's so gay."

Make AS.IS kick ass. :grin:

7. Brandford

Absolutely nothing but there doesn't seem to be a problem with harassment of LBGT people at my school anyway

8. AJAYsavage

AJAYsavage Guest

i go to the same school as she did, and am the president this year. unfortunatly the DOS is on spring break for us, so were having a Day In Honor Of The Day Of Silence. :grin:
    on the anniversary of Lawrence Kings death we went around to classrooms and spoke about him.

9. tofuplease

When is the day of silence? I feel stupid for not knowing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#9 tofuplease, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. Stuie

It's April 17th this year. I had to look it up though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My school is too open for it to be worth setting up a GSA. Maybe some variety of activist group?

11. tofuplease

That would be cool.

12. Amy

Amy

Chyea. Because LHS GSA totallyyy kicks ass. Three presidents in one year is probably a record.

O, and we had planned on doing a tie-dye party. That might be fun. :grin:

EDIT: This needs some more :grin: s. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

#12 Amy, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  13. tofuplease

TIE DYE PARTY invite me please :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: