1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News If Hillary is the nominee...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by onlythebulls13, Feb 20, 2016.

?

If Clinton gets the nomination for the Democrats I will...

1. Vote Hillary

68 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. Vote GOP

9 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Vote Green Party

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Wont Vote

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, theres a 50-50 shot of me either not voting or voting for Jill Stein of the green party if Hillary wins the nomination for the Democrats. What do you guys think?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a fair question. Hillary is a right winger if you put her in Europe, after all.

But the Republicans are just too f'ing nuts for me. Even 1 vote in 100 million would be worth it.

3. SkyDiver

A vote not for the Democrats is a vote for the Republicans, unfortunately.

4. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true.

5. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Theres not much of a difference between a third way democrat and a republican. One is funded by big oil, the other is funded by big banks.....big oil can only survive so long...

6. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hildog's world is caving in, what with the email fiasco, she plays dumb making it look like she doesn't know how to use a computer but she's very close to being labelled a criminal.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether they are supporters of Ted Cruz or Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders we cannot afford to be farther divided by radicals on either side. We cannot make America great by drawing lines in the sand like those I listed above would and we are better off with a moderate in the white house than a partisan like Sanders or Cruz or Trump. Bernie Sanders will alienate moderates in the democratic party and will only cause us to lose seats in the house or senate. Voting for a third party candidate will only cause the wrong candidate to get elected and a Cruz or Trump presidency would be disastrous for our country. Hilary is the only one who can unify democrats and on another note Bernie was not even a democrat until he decided to run for president.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea what I'll do. The only guarantee is that I won't vote for the Republican.

Very likely, it won't make any real difference what I do. The likelihood is that if Clinton is the nominee, she'll more than likely win Washington. No Republican Presidential candidate has won the state since Reagan's second election. (And IIRC, he won every state except MN, the home state of Mondale, his opponent.)

9. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dano, then why does Bernie consistently poll better and get more votes from independents than Hillary does?
    Bernie alienates alot less moderates than hillary alienates progressives.
    If shes a moderate why does she claim to be progressive recently? If i were moderate, i would be concerned about whether she is pandering or is just showing more of her dishonesty. Republicans hate her alot more than they hate sanders, sanders has gotten 25 to 30 percent of repubs to vote for him in all of his elections, clinton doesnt have the cross appeal. Hillary also struggles tremendously among young voters and liberal voters.

Not sure what is radical about taking care of our children, vets and elders. I guess its radical to push for legislation that americans want rather than staying the corse and only allowing the smallest amount of change possible....she was against gays all the way up until 2013 for crying out loud

10. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Considering the alternative is a racist fascist or a homophobic fundamentalist I'd take my chances with Hillary.

11. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would vote for Hillary because I don't see the Republicans fielding an LGBT friendly candidate and I would hate to see us lose the progress made on LGBT rights. I feel that I would be voting for the lesser of two evils; welcome to politics.

#11 SiennaFire, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  12. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't me get me wrong sure what Bernie is proposing sounds great but it is not very realistic in many ways. I have no proof that he will bring bipartisanship to Congress and get things done with republicans and democrats. I seen him hardly ever work together with the opposition. Many politicians were on the wrong side of history when it came to gay rights 10 to 20 years ago and disappointing as that is this election is about the future and I trust that Hilary's support for gay right is legit. My gut just tells me Bernie is not electable and if he shocks me with a general election victory than well I was wrong. My gut is usually good at prediction elections.

13. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is Marco Rubio moderate on the Republican side?

14. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, many people were against gay marriage 20 to 30 years ago, but bernie wasnt....know who was against gay rights 3 years ago? Not 20 years ago, 3 years ago....hillary clinton.

Bernie passed the most comprehensive piece of legislation supporting our veterans with bipartisan support from the likes of republican john mccain. What did hillary passed with bipartisan support...oh yeah, the biggest foreign policy blunder, voting to authorize the war in iraq

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2016 at 06:00 PM ----------

No, not really. Compared to trump, yes.

#14 onlythebulls13, Feb 20, 2016
  15. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This election is about the future. The Irag war and Hilary's opposition to gay marriage is all in the past and is election is about our future. You will always have politicians evolving on the issues and to me what matters most is what Hilary believes now not 3 years ago or whatever. What is worse than Hilary is a completely anti gay politician like Ted Cruz.

#15 dano218, Feb 20, 2016
  16. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell that to the people who lost loved ones because of a b.s. war in iraq that we were tricked into. Tell that to the all the gay advocates who have had friends and family die in the streets for being gay and sticking up for what was right.....oh well for them, we dont care about their losses, we only care about what a politician says they may do in the future.
    Past records are important. If clinton supported a false war in iraq, troops on the ground in syria and other muslim countries then you can draw from her record that shes extremely likely to continue being a hawk on foreign policy.
    When you look at her poor record on gay rights, on calling black kids super predators then theres extremely good odda that she doesnt give an "f" about middle and lower class citizens.
    When she praises wall st behind closed doors and gets paid for it, if she calls tpp the gold standard of trade deals and supported nafta and the xl pipeline initially then theres great odds shell continue her inexcusable behavior

17. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you want to take it that far than I am done here. I opposed the Irag War and it is sad that lives were lost because of people's sexuality or because of war but that is not the fault of Clinton. Many politicians were mislead about the intentions going into Irag and it was a bad decision on all fronts but I won't blame Clinton for that i rather blame Bush and his cabinet. If your really upset about the deaths of soldiers and gay people to guns than I will tell you this Sanders is more laid back on guns than Clinton.

#17 dano218, Feb 20, 2016
  18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I support Hillary over Bernie, but if he won I'd support him in the general election without a second thought. There is too much at stake for Democrats to be divided. Not with major victories won on LGBT rights, healthcare, diplomacy, and the environment that would be undone under Republican leadership. And not with the Republican party in its own civil war.

19. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Hillary. I'll vote for her enthusiastically. I like Bernie, too. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he's the nominee.

I'd vote for a lawn ornament over any of those Republicans.

20. Kat 5

Anything to keep the Republican Party out of the White House. They'll start stripping the progress we've made towards equal rights and all that jazz if they win.