1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News What do you think about Brazil???

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Biker boy, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Biker boy

So I'm watching the new viceland channel and theirs a show called "gaycation with Ellen page" well its s1 e2 titled Brazil. Anyone know that Brazil has the highest LBBTQ murder rate in the world??? Does anyone have thoughts on this let alone that the Olympics will be held this year in a place that deems it OK to rape lesbians calling it a "corrective rape" so its not serious... Are you kidding me...its not legal to be gay in Brazil you can be killed. A woman kissed another woman in a restaurant and security kicked them out. If your a preacher preaching hate against gays you will get more followers.
    How about this gay kids, now this covers anything from what you play with how you look talk anything its said you must beat the child to learn not to be that way. Funny huh they might not be gay just well you look like you might be so I'll beat it out of you. If your child turns out to be gay its because you as a parent didn't bet them enough..
    Wow this is my first tread here but its crazy what I'm seeing on TV and think people should know and would like to know how people feel about such things. I'm gay pretty new to being open about being gay afters years of hate and denial towards myself.. OK so hit me up let me know what's on your mind hey if you think its not a big deal as long as you don't live their its cool I'm happy to friendly chat all views are welcomed... If spelling is messed up oh well whose perfect

2. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately money rules I think its vile but since when did people care about our lives according to some people we deserve the crap we get. And since Brazil is very homophobic do you honestly think they care about our opinions I think not. Is it sad absolutely but so long as there is money to be made people will do anything its just the world we live in.:tears:

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If governing bodies like the IOC gave even the slightest crap about human rights; Beijing wouldn't have gotten the Olympics, Sochi wouldn't have gotten the Winter Olympics and Russia & Qatar wouldn't be getting World Cups.

Ultimately money > human rights. They can talk all they want about spotlights and engagement improving things in those countries, but normal service is quickly resumed in those countries once everyone leaves and the authorities no longer have to be on their best behaviour.

Hell it's been eight years since Beijing and if anything things have regressed there.

#3 GeeLee, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016