1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Ben Carson endorses Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Typhoon, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Since Ben Carson's resignation speech a week ago, I realized that he was indirectly endorsing Trump with the way he was using his words. Plus they were never hostile towards one another. I wondered what impact this would have. He's highly respected by the GOP and was their original front-runner. This endorsement changes a lot of things. Despite coming from Sleepy Ben, this is yuge.

His endorsement is a massive blow against the anti-Trump campaign and helps secure his nomination. At the same time, a large portion of Carson's supporters went absolutely cuckoo that he endorsed Trump.

Now most of Carson's supporters are Christian and this is the same with Cruz. Both Cruz and Carson had large support from Christians who regularly went to mass whereas Trump was favoured mostly by Christians who didn't go to Church. The former group is a minority in comparison to the latter.

Carson has said he plans on helping Trump in his campaign and credits God for leading him to Trump since wisdom was a way of communicating with God. He stressed that the will of the people could not be ignored and that the GOP would be effectively breaking their party beyond repair by rallying on a candidate chosen by the establishment. Carson also says that there are two sides of Trump and that when he will hold office, he will be in fact a very efficient leader. At the same time he says he wishes to play a part in the Trump administration, in the interests of America.

The rumours in the latter case are that Carson could be potentially the vice president or have an important role in the Health sector or even in education, since Trump praised the other's views on education.

It will be fascinating to watch the effects of the endorsement play out on March 15th.

2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whoa huge endorsement. Maybe theyll get herman cain and michelle bachmann to endorse him too....smh. i wonder how many more uncle toms trump will get to endorse him so he seems like hes not a bigot.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2016 at 10:14 AM ----------

I agree with trump when he said a few months ago, " how stupid are the people of iowa to support ben carson"

Typical trump move, has no actual positions, im actually starting to believe that hes more of a weather vain than clinton. Seeing how trump supports his crowds beating up protesters and saying hell pay for any legal fees of people that get arrested at his rallies for punching protesters, is just disgusting. His supporters screaming light him on fire, refering to a black protester that gets pushed to the ground shows how racist trump and his supporters are.

Never thought id say this but if its between the corporate candidate, hillary clinton vs the racist trump.... i wont sit out, i will emphatically support hillary clinton. Dont want to live in nazi germany

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh look a gay hater and a racist, a match made in......politics.....

trump said the other day that he'd put carson somewhere in education, God help those kids.

4. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I figured he would give some kind of disingenuous religious "epiphany" to explain his endorsement of the least Christian candidate in the Republican race. At this point the "Never Trump" movement has completely collapsed in on itself.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in total agreement.

You'd have to be an idiot, an asshole or a racist to support Trump, or all three.

I can't believe this stuff isn't getting more attention, and causing more concern. It's alarming such violence and its encouragement is even allowed to continue.

#5 HuskyPup, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess that depends on what you define as hostile. I never heard anything bad Carson said about Trump. It didn't however feel like Trump was complementing Carson when he went on and on about comments Carson made about stabbing people when he was in his youth, and how low energy Carson was. The low energy part is true though. Every time I watched a Carson speech, it looked like he was barely awake at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.