1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Chicago shuts down Trump

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by onlythebulls13, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never been so proud to be a Chicago resident. The racists think they can bring their rhetoric to urban Chicago, think again. Were liberal, were proud, and we dont take s*** from anyone.
    WE ARE THE 99%. FEEL THE BERN BABY!!!!

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hilary is gonna be the next president.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It was postponed and it was because of security issues. (not necessarily canceled) I honestly think this will do a lot more damage than good. Spreading the message of love and acceptance with threat of violence?

Trump supporters are going to come together in even greater numbers because of this.

You really gotta stop saying that. I'm beginning to feel like you're a robot.

#3 Skaros, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could have been there myself. This is awesome, maybe a turning point in this election.

5. AKTodd

Watching it on TV now. It looks like they are clearing the arena and just this side of a riot out on the streets. I rather doubt the rally is going to happen tonight.

Todd

6. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope. Definitely cancelled. Trump is weak, he cant handle it.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2016 at 07:23 PM ----------

The other cities protesters will see what Chicago did and be emboldened by it, every city and any city can shut down Chump. The beginning of the end for Drumpf and it starts with Chicago.
    SWEET HOME, CHICAGO!

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He can't handle it when there's a security threat. When you disagree with someone and it results in their voice being stopped, it's seriously makes you look bad and helps the other side.

Also, the "Stop Trump" movement will quickly turn into the "Oh shit stop Ted Cruz" movement. That guy makes Trump look like a freaking moderate.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess liberals don't like freedom of speech if they feel the need to silence others whose opinions differ from those. And threats of violence? Really? This whole thing is becoming a joke.

9. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want the facist voice to be stopped, i dont know about you. Trump called bernie weak when BLM protesters went on stage, and shut him down. We shut him down. Its called civil disobedience. We have the right to speak out against racist, facist rhetoric.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2016 at 07:34 PM ----------

I wouldve spoken out against adolf too, would that be the wrong thing to do?

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea, speaking is not the same as rioting and raising serious security concerns.

Once again, you don't realize how much worse Cruz is if you get rid of Trump.

11. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People have a right to protest. No one forced Trump's entourage to cancel the rally; they chose to do so of their own accord. It's their own actions and statements that led to the protests in the first place anyhow. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

As for Ted Cruz, I don't see him as serious threat at this point--but this next round of primaries will make the situation a bit more clear.

#11 Libertino, Mar 11, 2016
  12. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ted Cruz wants to change the constitution to make it focused around the Bible. His views are outright crazy. When you look at Trump's platform, he is very vague on many issues and only outlines a few issues (like immigration) so that he can have something to make it onto the media about. He's probably racist, sure, I won't argue that, but he won't be able to do anything about it. He's unelectable. If he gets the nomination, he will lose to any Democratic candidate. If Cruz gets the nomination, he has a much better chance of winning and turning this country into a very bad direction. Trump knows how to play the political game. He has supported Democrats before in the past. He has supported some pretty liberal causes. He doesn't care about the Republican party. He just wants to be president. I will venture to argue that Trump doesn't believe half the things he says. Cruz actually believes all the shit he says.

13. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not a single news outlet saying there was "rioting" a few punches thrown... like 5 punches thrown... not sure you understand what a riot is

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2016 at 07:45 PM ----------

If cruz gets the nomination, dems win. Hands down

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very good point. After all, Trump has been ejecting blacks and Latinos from his events for months now, often when they have done nothing, and has also encouraged people to use violence, while saying things like "I should have punched him in the face", and "He deserved it."

Trump has to face the facts that these things have consequences. He can't go about inciting people to violence, whipping up racial hatred and anger, and then expect people to take it laying down.

Also, if Trump was so concerned about 'security', it's funny so many people of color are getting beat up at his own rallies, with one woman assaulted by one of his key staffers.

The man is a loathsome sack of shit; worse, even, as shot can be used as fertilizer, at least. I just can't see how so many people like or even tolerate him.

#14 HuskyPup, Mar 11, 2016
  15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same thing with Trump getting the nomination. Difference is that polls show Trump is even less electable.

But let's say Trump gets the nomination. Most Republican congressmen hate him. He won't get a lot of the stuff he wants past. Democrats will show up in record numbers in the next election and offer the best win since 1964

16. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would agree that Cruz's views are more theocratic and that he seems more genuine in his beliefs and devotion to them. I would also agree that Cruz is more electable than Trump, if he were to get the nomination, but I don't see him getting the nomination. I sincerely hope he doesn't.

The main problem with Trump is that he is a colossal panderer; Trump himself might not even be racist, but there's no denying that his campaign attracts racists.

Let's hope neither of them become the president.

Exactly. What happened in Chicago today was a sign that people are not taking it, and I am glad for that.

17. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I might just be playing a political game here: I think it's better if we let Trump get the nomination and THEN destroy him. He is a disgusting candidate, yes. Not as disgusting as Cruz, but at least there's so much more we can use against Trump.

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad as well, and hope to see more events shut down.

This exposes him as the fraud he is; able to dish out anger and violence, but unable to face it. He's like an overgrown baby, always in need of having his Ego inflated a bit more.

Edit:Cruz is also evil, but I think he stands less chance of winning...he has many political enemies.

Another edit: Can't a large meteor just hit the next Republican debate? I wan't them all to just go away, and be defeated...

#18 HuskyPup, Mar 11, 2016
  19. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    More political enemies, but it's the people that elect him. The average person doesn't know his bitter relation with his colleagues. Plus, many Senators say they would support Cruz over Trump. Some of the same Senators said it would be better if Clinton gets the presidency than Trump (and going as far as supporting her in the general election!)

20. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Trump is bringing people out of the woodwork. If cruz gets the nod, alot of the trump supporters will feel upset and stay home... or atleast thats what i feel.

Bottom line, trump or cruz, i think weve seen that the people wont have either one of them. GO DEMS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.