1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News LGBT Rights in Africa: A Step Forward?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by The Wolf, Mar 22, 2016.

1. The Wolf

LGBT Rights in Africa: A Step Forward?

2. guitar

I watched a documentary on the BBC about being gay in Nigeria and it was heartbreaking. So many gay guys outcast by society living in the slums and basically left to their own devices. None of whom could get a job or felt particularly safe at night. :frowning2:

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Other than the middle east, the entire continent of Africa is one of the few places I'm positive I'll never go. I don't know why they still live in the past, but it isn't without it's own toll. Not to mention poachers.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you talking about the documentary where a radio personality in GB goes to Uganda, or are there more documentaries about homophobia in Africa? I know that one in particular was made around the time the Ugandan government was considering making it legal to kill gay people and a magazine or news paper outed 100 gay people living in the country.