1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westboro Baptist Church coming to Melbourne

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Micah, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Micah

So the church is coming to picket Melbourne this coming Sunday: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

There is a memorial being held for the hundreds of people who died in the bushfires here near Melbourne, and they plan to invade it with their usual shit. The difference? This is the first time to my knowledge the church has been in Australia, let alone my own city.

It makes me so furious - But the question is, what's the best course of action? Picket beside them with signs against them? Attend the Memorial and pretend that they aren't there?

It's a really frustrating situation.

2. Shevanel

these bastards, its ridiculous what they do seriously. Thank you for your post though Micah or I would'nt have found out they were coming to Buffalo in literally the church RIGHT next to my dorm on SUNDAY. its crazy. so thanks! and Good Luck!

3. DexterMorgan

This is childish. How can people grow up this way?

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I'm finding a willing girl, going to the memorial, and making out in front of them.

5. HeronsStorm

Gah, there's so many in Florida, but I wouldn't be able to convince my mom to drive me. Darnit!

6. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Can you contact these guys? i want to ask them a question. "Why does god hate "fags" when hate is a sin?

#6 Crackajack, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They got denied entry to Canada, they were refused entry from Britain, something tells me Australia isn't going to let them in either.

8. SirBoobalot

If they do get in, there'll probably be people organising a counter-protest - or a human barrier to keep them away, or somesuch. Radio, news, web etc might have details.

9. Jay

Jay

This people are NUTS.
    God hates everyone in their book.

Uh, BREAKING NEWS!!!!, God is love.....

10. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Will they even get past Australia's immigration? I've heard they are very strict over there so I can't imagine they would let those morons pass through.

11. SamAlex728

Australia needs to let them in, then close the borders, to keep their asses there, to give us Americans some peace and quiet. We've dealt with the majority of their shit, it's Australia's turn!

12. SirBoobalot

Wouldn't be hard really - send them to Aus, Aus refuses entry, they fly back to the US, and the US refuses entry. Could make a documentary about it!

13. RaRa

I like the way you think. :slight_smile:

14. donnie5

what sucks for us is there us citizens so they can go anywhere they damn well please... there coming here to omaha in may im gonna go spit on all of them

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I'd work on getting them denied entry Micah.

16. Fiorino

That's GENIUS!

And on another note, I am utterly disgusted that they're picketing victims of the
    bushfires. That is so disrespectful and just angers me greatly.

17. EM68

Hopefully Australia will not let those idiots in. for someone who is claiming to be religious they are ignorant haters.

#17 EM68, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  18. Dewey

What sucks is what they're doing to their kids. I watched a documentary about them and it's very touching, at least the end is. Their kids are stuck is this horrible spiral because of what their parents are teaching them. When asked "how do people treat you at school?" the girl answered saying something like "no-one ever talks to me" and almost cried. I honestly hope for the best in them. I hope they realize they don't need to be doing what their parents are doing. So please guys don't hate them. Feel sorry for them and pity them. The situation about the fires is terrible. It certainly IS a tough situation. And it's kind of hard not to hate people who are picketing the memorials of innocent dead people. But remember that love is the best way to get through the hardest of heads. We can show them that hate doesn't belong in any place. My heart goes out to all of the families that have been affected by the wildfires. Let's hope that they don't get to go anywhere near that memorial.

19. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Damn, I'd love to rugby tackle the leader (I'm 6ft at 13!! Come get some!!) :badgrin:, DIE!!!!!!!!KAMIKAZEEEE!!!!!! Ha!, look at me :grin:

#19 Crackajack, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  20. jangel

You tube has a lot of videos of how people react to this crazy church> I do not condone violence against them but there is a biker group that stands directly infront of them holding flags so the mourners cannot see them!! there is a really cool video labeled micheal moore vs the westboro baptish church that was GREAT a must see they do a non violent approach but it is still very funny.