1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For "Gods" sake.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Crackajack, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Excuse the pun (if it is one).

Why does god hate "Fags" when hate is a sin, obivously this god guy is contradicting the bible. The people with the signs are sinning too, i dont get it, what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. ColdSnap

have you read the bible? it's contradiction fest anyway.
    Either way God probably doesn't exist so it's best not to let that sort of nonsense bother you.

3. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

I absalutley 100% agree with you on that, "if a man has sex with a man, as he does a women, they shall be put to death" - Lev 20 - 13 but thalt shall not murder...wth? lol God is a mean mother ****er :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. kosmik44

kosmik44 Guest

looooooooooooooooool they are so wird

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe it's just my cynical asshole side showing, but I don't get why people argue over theology when it's so meaningless and isn't getting us anywhere.

6. SirBoobalot

The Bible suffers from interpretation... every time it's been translated, it's been translated by people with an agenda, who've twisted it to mean whatever the hell they want - and then people ignore this because they refuse to believe that anyone involved in writing the Bible could be anything but utterly pure and holy. So the agenda gets passed on. Most effective form of propaganda I've ever seen.

For anyone who's interested, there's a load of commentary from anti-homophobic theologians on the internet - like this one by Rev. Mel White.

7. Mickey

Thank you for sharing that. I wish more people could see things this way.

8. xXHolic

there's no god
    people need someone to be above them to give them orders and to make them feel good ith themselves
    religion is a crappy piece of fairytale for me -.-

9. TheRoof

u can basically translate bible into whichever way u want.
    everyone except fundamentalists know that.

10. Ben

Ben

I don't think I can really know whether God exists or not. There are "proofs" both for and against the existent of God. Therefore I really don't hold a belief about her.
    But if you hold a belief either way then it's all good. Everyone is entitled to have their own faith in whatever, even if it doesn't seem to outsiders that the faith is justified. Because faith always seems fully justified by the person who holds it.

Quite honestly, religion is so important in the history of the modern world and in current events. I don't think anyone can avoid that. Just because we've had a very large influx of atheism or agnosticism in the recent past shouldn't mean that as a society we should tarnish the name of any religion.

Anyway, the picture in the first post is an example of how there are small sub-sections of certain establishments like branches of religion which have beliefs that are so twisted that they act as hypocrites against the true message of their belief.

"God hates fags" - If you believe in God, you believe God is benevolent. which means that God loves everyone. Benevolence never equates to hate, therefore we can say that God loves fags, if anything.
    Religious people also tend to lean towards God as unknowable. If God is unknowable then it is hypocracy at it's finest to parade around making assumptions about her.
    Therefore, these people either don't understand religion or are doing this for attention. Most probably both. :slight_smile:

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all comes down to various interpretation of the bible and other religious texts and the meanings of these interpretations. Interpretations of religious texts aren't often based on the whole text but rather only on certain parts or segments. When you listen to arguments made by a lot of people, their arguments and thus interpretations are based on one verse or chapter of the bible or another religious text. People take what they like and discard the rest based on their world views and/or beliefs and construct arguments based on these world views.

12. Hugo Boss

that applies to levites only and we are gentiles :wink:

13. donnie5

i personally think that they like the attention they don't really care about god that's just there front the people from westboro baptist church have been on headline news the tyra show you name it they are just attention whores and nothing gets attention like severe negativity

14. Emberstone

I was sad that they, after being found abusing their children at one of these rallys, got off in the courts cause they used their lawyer influences to ensure their judge was a chirstian.

15. Sarah

omg. tats waaaaaay dumb!! God doesnt hate anyone. nd did u see the back of the shirt? it sais "GOD HATES AMERICA.COM". these people are SOOOO stupid.

16. Louise

Urm, I don't really want to get into a religious argument here but just remember... who wrote the bible?... man! So who says man shall not sleep with man... man (probably a homophobe) Who is to say that these are the words of God... no one. The first words about the life of Jesus were written 70 years (3 generations) after his death so talk about a game of chinese whispers!

I say take the good bits about love and helping thy neighbour etc and leave the crap for what it is! It is just a pity that people hide behind the 'holy bible' in order to validate their fears and lack of openmindedness.

17. Peter

God hates Westboro "Baptist" church.

18. DexterMorgan

What's funny is that they're now classified as a hate group.