1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Gay couple attacked at Miami beach burger king

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pathetic Coward, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Pathetic Coward

Did a search here, didn't see it posted. Apologies if I missed it.

'It Was Just a Kiss': Gay Tourist Speaks About Attack in Miami Beach | NBC 6 South Florida

L.A. Couple Attacked After Kissing in Florida Burger King | Advocate.com

It was on March 14 -- no report of arrests three weeks later. They have video (with the attacker's accomplice's face clear enough for a screencap, imho). Last I checked preventing someone from assisting someone was a borderline crime in and of itself (it varies).

Oh, and there's a police station across the street.

We can't let attacks on tourists inflate crime statistics, can we? Not with pride week coming up. Love the "tolerant city" spin the while you can see people smiling in the video as the guy's beaten and the attacker's friend holds others back.

Even if it was just a "idiots get drunk and in fights at 3am" you would think the PD would want to close the book on it.

Bah.

PC

2. Sagume Kishin

Just shows that hate crimes against LGBT people can happen anywhere.
    My heart goes out to Jordan, and I hope the attacker is caught and swiftly punished!

Also... "determine if a hate crime did infact happen".
    What a load of crock. It was definitely a hate crime. It happened moments after he kisses his boyfriend for pete sake... :bang:
    And people just watched it happen... :icon_sad:

#2 Sagume Kishin, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016