1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Puerto Rico Finally To Get Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AlamoCity, Apr 9, 2016.

1. AlamoCity

Puerto Rico finally has same-sex marriage. The federal judge in Puerto Rico that had heard the case basically did not believe the US Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges applied to the island. This was appealed to the Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Court basically told the judge to rule against the gay marriage ban. He did not. The issue was raised to the appeals court.

The Court of Appeals for the First Circuit finally basically said to the judge "The district court's ruling errs in so many respects that it is hard to know where to begin." Further, the appeals court basically yanked the case away from that judge and told the clerk to give it to another judge and basically tell them to rule against Puerto Rico's gay marriage ban:

Basically, if my sister wrote the appeals court opinion, it would have ended with "smh." :roflmao:

Appeals Court: Yes, There Is Marriage Equality in Puerto Rico | Advocate.com

Petition for a Writ of Mandamus to the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico | Lambda Legal

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great news! Aside... I really, really hope for the sake of everyone there that they don't get their very own Kim Davis.

3. salad

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow I'm so happy!! My friend's cousin and her fiancée can finally get married! I'm super proud of them oml.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Puerto Rico has by far the most lopsided hotties-to-averages ratio in terms of guys as far as American countries go (if you ask me), with the scales clearly tipped in favor of the hotties. As a fan of seeing hot people smooch, I find this development fucking amazing. I guess I also care about the fact that one of the most basic rights that has been unjustifiably denied to us since forever is finally being recognized in yet another country, or whatever. I'm mostly concerned with how hot the grooms are gonna be tho, or something.

Congrats to all LGBT folks over there!

#4 RawringSnake, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  5. littleraven