1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News When Doctors Refuse to Treat LGBT Patients

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Apr 19, 2016.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Nikky DoUrden

There was a talk between Richard Dawkins and Neil deGrasse about science people who have their own belief which do not agree with science, or scientific method.
    Dawkins said those people should be fired (talking about someone that works at university) because u'll never know when their logic starts and when it ends, while deGrasse said as long as it doesn't interefer with the scientific work, it doesn't bother him.

I think when it comes to medicine everyone would agree that doctors who have their own opinion on science, and in this case, that LGBT have "sociphathatic personality distrubance", they should not be treating people.

#2 Nikky DoUrden, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guess I'm a sociopathic deviant sinner...

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's their job to treat everyone whether they like it or not, they went and picked one of the most public jobs imaginable and don't want to be near entire groups of people? That's like choosing to be an elementary school bus driver when you can't stand kids; you can't just kick them all out and get paid for driving an empty bus.

How do you think they would feel if the nation was suddenly 100% secular and businesses (especially hospitals) starting refusing religious patients? "You don't need medicine, go pray it away."

I don't think they would be happy. So why do they do this to us?

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seriously. No.

'Cuz parents. I mean, if 20+ year-olds want to go suffer and make terrible medical decisions, that's on them. But parents cannot choose a quack for their gay or trans child.

#5 Pret Allez, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. It's these types of doctors that make me wish parts of the hippocratic oath were legally binding. While doctors do provide a service and can refuse it,

This is where contract laws come into play. Back in the days prior to the mid 1960s, patients engaged in mutual contracts with their doctors, to uphold the terms and conditions. It can be put that the doctor must treat the patient. If there can't be a law prohibiting doctors from refusing to treat ill LGBT patients, then there are laws protecting the sanctity of contracts.

7. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Conflict with their religious belief? Well then I think they should prescribe prayer . the prescription would be like this-
    Prayer therapy lasting for no lesser than 5mins/kg body weight, can be given in a 6 hourly or 8 hourly devided dose. To be done before meals (one might fall asleep if it's after).
    Abortion is against christianity, so do they follow or justify that? So is blood transfusions for Jehovah's witnesses , so will a doctor believe that it's OK to deny a blood transfusion if it's OK to do so
    with the doctors religious belief?
    I can go on like this, I hope they believe in evolution atleast, and that diseases arent the wrath of god or many experiments would be futile to them.
    It's just plain archaic bigotry and the superiority they feel from it for being straight and cis gendered!
    Ignore them and 'pray' for their transition to a loving and compassionate version of themselves!