1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News A gay couple got an insane response when they invited someone to their wedding

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ouji, Apr 19, 2016.

1. ouji

ouji Guest

A Gay Couple Got An Insane Response When They Invited Someone To Their Wedding

Wedding planning always comes with drama, but you usually know that your mom's great aunt is the one bringing the heat. You can identify who is going to abuse the open bar and end up crying on the dance floor. You know not to seat your Trump Dumpers next to your Bernie Bros. What do you do when the person trying to mess up your wedding is anonymous?

For Keith and Chad, of Canton, Ohio, that's exactly what's happening, and the drama this mystery guest is threatening to bring is actually hate-filled rhetoric. After sending out invites to guests for their wedding next month, they received a bunch of RSVPs, and then this unsigned letter:
    It reads:

Hello Keith Alan and Chad Michael--

Just wanted to you both know, you have sent an invitation to the wrong people. You thought we supported you as a couple, well boys you were so wrong!

Your invitations were forwarded to an anti gay group in Canton Akron area, they will be attending your wedding. Protesters will be there. It's not normal for 2 men to marry.

What is wrong with you? It's a sin!!!!

Some of your friends are only coming to your so called wedding to help in the protest. Like it or not, this is going to happen. This day is going to be ruined for you. This is going to be a fun show to watch. You both are going to get what you deserve. SEE YOU AT THE ANTI-GAY SHOW!!

This letter is so obviously mean and petty, I don't even know what to say about it. Mostly, I keep getting stuck on, "You both are going to get what you deserve." A ruined wedding is what God wants? Are homophobes just jealous of how great and beautiful gay weddings are, or what? You know they'll still be married and together at the end of it, right? Such a bizarre and illogical perspective from this hate monger, what a surprise.

Keith and Chad say that they were shocked by the letter, but it left them even more determined to go through with the ceremony. The couple met 9 years ago, and they've been planning the wedding to fit their dream, making gifts for their guests and a hand-painted wooden cake stand. Their colors are blue and gold. They're so cute. The wedding is also on private property, so I hope those protestors drive a hundred miles just to be denied entrance.

There is some good news. After the anonymous letter went viral, a local church announced that they're hosting a card shower for Chad and Keith. I have no idea what that means, but I think you can send them letters of support, which they then will throw at the happy couple while everyone cheers.

Best of luck at your wedding, guys, and may you have a long happy life together.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god that's terrible! I swear if I ever get married I'm eloping!

3. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't believe some people are that homophobic they would threaten to ruin a wedding.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do these people even notice how hateful they sound?

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A wedding is a private event. I'd simply call the police, and have them removed, by force, if need be. They have no right to attend.

It's sad, but I'd be prepared.

#5 HuskyPup, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. LoveBillCipher

This has been all over my Tumblr dashboard lately. I find it really upsetting that someone is using their Freedom of Assembly and Speech to ruin this couple's wedding. Fortunately, the couple says that they haven't let the group keep them back from having their wedding which I think is great. The main reason this enrages me so much is because if this was done at a heterosexual's wedding there would definitely be more backlash, because a lot of the American race is self-centered and believes marriage is only between a man and a woman.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since their little letter has been published, and the public knows and asshole and their buddies "are coming" hopefully they'll stay home and put their rage into something more productive, maybe learn pottery so they have more things to throw for their little tantrum. Seriously, they sound like a troubled highschooler and I would recommend heavy therapy.

Maybe one day, these kid adults will grow up. How nice would that be?

8. justtired

justtired Guest

I find it hilarious. I would want that happen in my own wedding, might be helpful when I get the cold feet lol.

9. Lazuri

Assholes, but easily fixed by hiring some security.

10. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rediculous, makes you want to shoot the first 4-5 shithead "protestors" that come through the door...The rest of those lowlife homophobes will run like hell once they see they sent their protest to the wrong wedding. :badgrin:

11. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thankfully.

12. SimonSnow

Honestly, it's not a choice to be homosexual, but it is a choice to be homophobic.

13. Plattyrex

I don't think so. I think a lot of homophobic people are so delusional that they legitimately believe they're doing the right thing.

14. Embi

Embi Guest

That's horrible! If someone would threaten my wedding like this, I'd make sure they won't come in and already inform the police before it happens so they can prevent it. I'd also hope they'd break the law in some way so they go to prison. And yet people think that gay couples don't need support anymore. Here's the sad proof that we still haven't reached equality in any country.

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Why do these kind of people even exist in the world? ._.

16. Hatsune Miku

humans are just naturally stupid

17. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is just pathetic that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than to worry over whom another person loves and marries.

#17 angeluscrzy, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  18. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If someone has a belief or conviction they will have the integrity to put their name behind it. The fact that the person wouldn't sign their name to their own beliefs is proof that they know they are wrong

19. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thats jsut the most digusting thing Ive ever heard. they could have just said that they wont be coming, but instead they just made it worse. people like that dont deserve to have a happy life. I hope the couple will have the most beautiful wedding ever and I hope karma gets back 10 times as hard to all those homophobes. Fuck them.

20. Scottmcdonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Truly disgusting, another whack job that believe they are chosen by God to stop such a horrible thing... Oh these people make me so angry!! My uncle and his partner are getting married in August, a small ceremony but if anyone turned up saying their love is unnatural, I am so getting in their face!