1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Trump wins all 5 states on Super Tuesday April 26th

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Skaros, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. Simple Thoughts

3. Glowing Eyes

This is so me right now.

#3 Glowing Eyes, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not trying to be mean here, but I don't think he's going to win the nomination. Simply put, for "electability" the national party bosses will want Hillary to win. I would very much love to be proven wrong...

Unfortunately the Democrats care more about winning than human rights.

5. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NPR says Pennsylvania has been called for Clinton. :frowning2:

And I agree with Pret, I don't think he is going to win. Just more of the same to come.

6. Simple Thoughts

Bernie Sanders is the more electable candidate in a general election. They want the more 'establishment' candidate.

Well this is the death blow for Sanders. Now our only hope is the survive to 2020. We have four years of crap to look forward to. Hope you enjoy that climbing suicide rate because no matter who wins that number will continue going up, but then in 2020 we're gonna have a storm crash into the establishment and turn it on its head.

#6 Simple Thoughts, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've felt for the past few weeks that Clinton will most likely get the nomination. I didn't really feel he had a big chance after March 15th, but at least his movement brought about a lot of important issues to discuss. I feel like if Sanders's momentum picked up just a month or two sooner, he'd be winning this.

Regardless, I've been paying much more attention to the Republican primary this whole time. Trumps major wins tonight may very well set him on the path to getting the 1237 delegates (even if it's by just a few delegates!). If it's Clinton vs Trump, the general election will basically be about who we hate least.

#7 Skaros, Apr 26, 2016
  8. Simple Thoughts

That's every election.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. Just like I didn't vote for Obama. I voted against Romney.

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, what about in the 2008 election? It seemed everyone was really voting for Obama (not that it matters one way or another)

#10 Skaros, Apr 26, 2016
  11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the 2008 election, I voted for Obama, rather than against McCain. During his first administration, Obama did not move as decisively as I would have liked, which explains the difference in attitude I took going into the election. Generally speaking I vote against Republicans rather than for Democrats, but the first Obama administration was an exception where I actually cared about what the Democrats were (representing they were) trying to do.

#11 Pret Allez, Apr 26, 2016
  12. Simple Thoughts

Obama in 08 gave us a desire for change, but he never even tried to deliver on that change, and that desire has been growing ever since.

It's reaching the point where people can't take this 'same old' anymore. The new voters entered politics with the right focus, and now it's only a matter of time until the old gets out of the way for the new and the establishment crumbles. I was hoping Sanders would bring us that change now, but we might have to wait and revive the 3 party system in 2020.

13. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think the 3 party system ever worked in the US, and it probably never will if we have a winner-take-all system. The last time a third party won was in 1860, and the Republican Party eventually became a major party. Wishful thinking, but I'm not sure it will work out that way.

14. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very happy Trump won them all tonight, lol. Cruz scares the :***: out of me with his extreme and religious views, especially against LGBT people. A part of me thinks that Trump might not actually be as bad/nasty as he has been projecting, but I still don't think he is nearly qualified enough to run a country. Although I would I never vote for a Republican to begin with, lol. But I do highly doubt either of them would be able to win in the general election against either Democratic nominee.

15. Simple Thoughts

I disagree.

I think Trump can win. If he does the general election pivot ( which he's already doing ) and he attacks her in the right way. The way Bernie Sanders was too polite to do than he could easily steamroll her.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having the Democratic party continue moving to the right is not an acceptable alternative.

Not all of it can be put on Obama. In fact, my own senator (at the time) Max Baucus was arguably the principal cause of health care reform turning into a shit show. He was the one who said a single payer system was "off the table."

#16 Pret Allez, Apr 26, 2016
  17. Simple Thoughts

The democrats were right-wingers the moment that money became speech. They're just pretending to be left to keep the illusion alive. We don't have a real left, when other nations look into our politics we have a far right and a center right. We have no left.

18. AKTodd

Unfortunately, there is now (and has been for a while) a multi-million dollar business on all sides that is devoted to creating this situation in each election. Rather than trying to convince people to vote for them by promoting a vision of what can be that a majority wants to work toward, the current political system prefers to use fear and hate to get people to vote against something rather than for something.

Promoting the idea that the only possible change is incremental change is part of that too.

That said, the desire for change is growing out there - if the current election doesn't see something pretty significant as a result (And assuming people don't just check out altogether), then perhaps the next one or the one after will.

Todd

19. CyclingFan

I think that if we want to effect change in the government, we need more than just the presidency. Not that there wouldn't be differences between a Bernie sanders admin and a Hillary Clinton admin, but they will be relatively small considering the bills the congress sends for signature. The ACA is what it is because the vote of a guy like Joe Manchin, a throughly corporate democrat.

ill vote for either, and pretty gladly considering the monsters the GOP has on offer, but I won't have my hopes up until congress isn't controlled so thoroughly by sociopathic shit goblins.

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No matter what, I'll be voting against Hillary... Not that it matters in California.