1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quote that really got me thinking...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Greggers

So its almost 4 am were i am, and im veeeery tired, so this might not make a whole lot of sense.

I was just watching queer as folk, season 1 episode 14, and there was one really great scene i thought i would share some quotes from.

Basically, to set up the scenario, the character Emmett takes a vow to god that he will basically become straight. He goes to a church group with the goal of helping its members life heterosexual lives. Emmett tries to do this, but has to lie to the girl he is with and himself to make things work. Emmett's friends confront him at one of his meetings after to help him, and they get talking...

Emmett: "I don't think God appreciates it as much as you."

Ted: "I think God appreciates it even more. Because he created you in his image. At least that's what I was always taught. And since God is love and God doesn't make mistakes, then you must be exactly the way he wants you to be. And that goes for every person, every planet, every mountain, every grain of sand, every song, every tear... and every faggot. We're all his, Emmett. He loves us all."

...and a mix of attachment to the characters, the emotion of the actor, personal experiences on the subject, and lack of sleep had me crying at this point. It really hit me hard. Just the quote itself is not very powerful, and i tried to find a youtube clip but failed. It was a really powerful episode, for me at least, and i think im going to sleep well tonight with some more peace of mind that i am myself and myself is just fine.

2. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you greggers! Sleep tight

3. Bryan44

Thanks for posting that quote greg. It really made me think today

4. TraumaJunkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have that on DVD. Love that show and particularly love that scene. Thanks for reminding me about it! I couldn't agree more.