1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News UK Police force illegally seize legal poppers

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, May 26, 2016.

1. 741852963

So today in the UK we have a ridiculous "ban on all drugs" (bar you know, totally non-harmful drugs like cigarettes and tobacco) come into force.

Out of outrage from users of the class of drugs known as poppers (predominately used by gay men) the Government at least had the decency to exempt these products....

...It seems nobody notified Crawley Police Force who not only went on to seize these products, but even bragged about their "success" on Twitter in what seems a rather homophobic post (singling out the poppers in particular for little reason):

Police apologise after accidentally ‘seizing’ legal poppers · PinkNews

Naturally they've been made a fool of by the fact that they have actually misunderstood the law and people have been calling them out on it on their twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Crawley_Police?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

2. Umme

Dude, even if cigarettes are legal that doesn't mean they're not harmful. I know that wasn't the point of this thread and yes, police are stupid, but that's what I thought right away when I read that.

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hur hur, look at the Ameri...Oh...

[​IMG]